[NEohioPAL] Sarah Morton to teach PLAYWRITING WORKSHOP at FPAC this SUMMER

Fred Sternfeld fsternfeld at gmail.com
Wed Apr 7 05:58:02 PDT 2010

FAIRMOUNT PERFORMING ARTS CONSERVATORY
SUMMER PROGRAM 2010
PROFESSIONAL TRAINING WORKSHOP  NEW!! This summer you have the opportunity
to specialize and take "advanced training" workshops!

*

PLAYWRITING WORKSHOP
Instructor: Sarah Morton, Award-Winning Actor and Teacher
Dates: Session Two (three weeks) July 12 – 30;

Mondays - Fridays, 1:30 - 4:30pm

Limit: 8 students

Ages: 8th grade – Adult
**

“Plays by actors tend to have lots of crazy stuff in them...they’re always
about how much fun it is to be on the stage.” Marsha Norman, playwright

Did you know that some of our greatest playwrights– including David Mamet,
Beth Henley, Tracy Letts, and even William Shakespeare! … began their
theatrical life as actors?

Actor training is great preparation for learning how to write an exciting
and original play. In this workshop, we will start by using tools from the
‘actors toolbox,’ including improvisation, scene study, and movement – to
spark ideas for scenes and characters. We will then explore dramatic
structure, and the art of writing believable, ‘playable’ dialogue. The
workshop will end with a staged reading of scenes from your
plays-in-progress.

To get the most from this workshop, students should be prepared to write
both in, and out of, class.

Interviews will be held Tuesday, April 27, 7:00 – 10:00 pm. Appointments
will be in fifteen minute increments. Sign up for an interview by calling
the Fairmount Center at 440-338-3171 complete the form at this
link<http://www.fairmountcenter.org/auditionsignup.asp>.
If you can’t make it on this day, a phone interview or Skype video
conference interview may be set up by contacting the Fairmount Center. If
available, please bring a resume and picture to your audition. Also,
please download
this form <http://www.fairmountcenter.org/pdf/FPACauditionform2010.pdf>,
fill it out and bring it with you!

In some cases, teacher, director and/or FPAC Professional Staff
recommendations will suffice for automatic acceptance into the program
without an interview. Requests for automatic acceptance can be made at this
link <http://www.fairmountcenter.org/auditionsignup.asp>.
*
For more information about ALL  of FPAC Summer Programs, go to this
link<http://www.fairmountcenter.org/fpac_summer.html>
.

--
Fred Sternfeld