[NEohioPAL] Check out what our students are saying!

Jessica Houde houdeschoolofacting at yahoo.com
Sat Apr 10 17:46:47 PDT 2010

The Houde School of Acting has become a second home for me.  Jessica has done so much for me I can not thank her enough.  Not only has her teaching given me the tools I need to become a great actress, but also to become a success in any field I pursue.  This class has helped me find myself.  I have gained so much confidence, and, friends.  I have learned to take risks and make strong choices, not only in my acting, but my life.  Anyone thinking of joining this class, be warned it is life changing!  In summary, I love this class, the people in it, and, most importantly my awesome acting coach, Jessica.
Sarah Yonkof

 I told myself I wouldn't make the move to NY unless I honestly felt I had something to offer. After a year with Jessica she allowed me to honestly feel I had just that, be helping reveal my "honesty" and "truth". What Jessica is offering to "the actor" in Cleveland, is simply gold, but doesn't cost near as much. A blessing, it might actually help save you, in so many ways; it did for me. I have recently made the move to NY, and the mirror image of what you get out here Jessica gives you in Cleveland for a third of the cost. I recently audited the "Ted Bardy Studio" (Meisner based) here in NY and was allowed to participate in "repetition". The feed back I received from the instructor confirmed Jessica's prestige. I was told, "you are right on, yup, yup, you are the best student I have ever seen here coming from another school, you had a 'great' teacher".
Channing Jackson

"i was finally able to overcome my fears, forget about everyone else and just do what i needed to do! its so freeing!! That emotional preparation class helped
sooo much. ...i knew somewhere deep inside i could do this. now I'll do my best to keep it up! these acting classes are the best thing thats happened to me. jessica thanks so much for being an incredible teacher! I'm not trying to suck up, i mean it!i do think you're hard on us at times but if you weren't you wouldn't be so great & we'd probably turn into (your favorite line) "SLACKERS"hahaha. jk ;)"
 Molly Miller

 "hey Jessica. Thank you so much. I really enjoyed class, and i am thrilled that you were able to identify my fatal flaw right away and nail it so perfectly. I have been struggling with that for years and it's SO frustrating. I feel like if I can finally fix it I can really reach all of my potential. I'm so excited to work on it. Thank you!" Sarah Edwards

"Jessica facilitates a learning environment that is both fun and professional.  Her passion for teaching and for the Meisner Technique shows during every class.  It is such a privilege to have someone with her extensive knowledge and experience teaching classes in our area."
 ~Advanced Student, Kurt Yue

"I have only been attending the Houde School of acting for a month and I have already have learned so much from Jessica.... It is just a wonderful place to be apart of.
~Beginner Student, Antonia Villalon.

"I enrolled in Houde because I found from my research that the Meisner technique is agreeable in philosophy and that Houde School of Acting is one of the only, if not the only, school of acting in Cleveland that teaches from the professional/serious actor perspective-.....I have not been at Houde long but have found that it has been useful training..."
Mike Golous

Monday 7-9:30pm
Wednesday's 6:30-8:30pm
Thursday's 7:00-9:30pm
Saturday's 11-1pm
$120 per month, due on the first class of each month.  Classes are  ON-GOING.
*Pro-rated prices are available to students who start in the middle of the month.

Our adult Meisner Acting class is based on the Meisner technique of "living truthfully under imaginary circumstances."  Students go through a series of improv exercises that are designed to teach them how to work off their partner, stay in the moment and out of their head.  Along with Meisner's improv exercises, students work on monologues, audition technique and emotional preparation to expand their craft.  This class is opened to beginner to advanced student as we find combining all actors in one class offers confidence, inspiration and a good way for students to share their take on the Meisner technique and the Cleveland acting scene.

Houde School of Acting offers your first class FREE.
To register please contact:
houdeschoolofacting at yahoo.com