[NEohioPAL] Internship in video, photo, and entertainment industry

Brian Bowers bjbowers4584 at yahoo.com
Mon May 3 08:13:18 PDT 2010

I'm seeking 2-3 creative people for an exciting chance to work in many different facets of the entertainment industry. Hours are flexible, but I am seeking something long-term (at least through the end of the summer). The internship itself is unpaid, but the goal will be to turn at least one of these internships into an actual paying job. Here's a breakdown of my current work:
* owner/photographer, Braedy Photography (http://www.braedyphoto.com). Actors, models, portraits, event, and commercial photography.
* Cleveland Producer of the 48 Hour Film Project (http://www.48hourfilm.com/cleveland), the world's largest timed film competition. Filmmakers have 48 hours to write, produce, and edit a short film, which are then screened at the Cedar Lee and judged by local film professionals.
* editor of the 48 Hour Film Project newsletter
* blogger, http://www.thebrianbowersproject.com, writing about entertainment, film, business, and life
* produced numerous acting workshops, and currently producing an actor's training DVD
The internship will consist of assisting with all of these projects, and more. Duties would include:
     *Assisting at photoshoots     *location scouting for photography & film     *assist with maintaining social networking presence for all projects     *help to develop senior rep program for photography     *make sales calls for corporate photography & videography     *assist at 48HFP functions, including networking parties, film screenings, and awards     *helping design marketing materials for projects     *reading industry articles/blogs and researching potential blog topics     *producing and editing short films     *attending industry related functions and events     *indentifying potential clients and business opportunities     *answering the phone, getting coffee, and other fun intern things
Any experience you have in photography, videography, video editing, retouching, graphic design, or web design will be a help, but above all I'm looking for really creative, easy-going people. I'm going to consolidate most of my own businesses into a really cool media production company, and I'm looking for the right team of people to work with. I'm especially looking for people with an eye for photography or video.
TO APPLY
First, DON'T SEND ME A RESUME! I'm not interested in reading about you on paper. To apply for one of these positions, please send me some creative representation of you, your work, and why you're interested in working with me. This could be a video, flash animation, cartoon, or even a little website--I really just want to see how creative you can get while still showing me your personality.
Once you have something put together you can email a file or link to braedyphoto at gmail.com with the word "Intern" in the subject line. If you have a large file or hard copy of something, please mail to me at 1075 East 74th St #100B, Cleveland OH 44103.
Best,
Brian Bowers