[NEohioPAL] Maureen Dempsey's Acting Workshop - Review

Jennifer Overstreet jennifer_writes at yahoo.com
Mon May 10 06:56:43 PDT 2010

I attended Maureen Dempsey's Acting Workshop on Saturday May 8th. I took the workshop as a director to gain some perspective on acting and how to help actors do their best work in my films.

I learned so much more than that. Maureen is not only a talented actor, but also a talented and nurturing teacher of the art and profession of acting.

She started with core information that actors, directors and writers really need to know and be mindful of throughout the creative process. She then offered so many wonderful tips and techniques and was so patient and helpful, I can't think of many things that I would have better spent my $40 on.

FYI - no one asked me to put this out there. I hardly knew Maureen when I came to this class. It's just that, as a director, I'd like to see more people from classes like this coming to my auditions. We'd be making much better indie films in this area.

Jennifer Overstreet