[NEohioPAL] Great Summer Strings Program at Tri-C

Eby, John John.Eby at tri-c.edu
Thu May 13 10:43:17 PDT 2010

Tri-C ArtsPrep

Get Creative

Discover a premier arts program for students of all ages.

Music . . . Theatre . . . Dance . . . . Visual & Digital Media

Summer Strings Program

This summer we have an extra special opportunity for High School and
Middle School students who have, or are looking to develop, an interest
in String music.

Strings Attached

(Metro Campus)

Strings Attached (Ages 9 to 16)
Price: $350 (lunch is included)
July 26-August 6, 2010
Course #: 1030, CRN: 54244

This camp, directed by the renown strings teacher Dianna Richardson,
provides students of violin, viola, cello and bass an opportunity to not
only polish their instrumental skills, but to create their own music as
well. The camp combines String Ensemble classes with a Language Arts
class, in which the students learn journaling, storytelling, and poetry.
The student then selects one of their poems or stories, and a team of
fellow students work together to create a performance piece with
original words and original music. Students succeed, sometimes
astonishingly, in expressing themselves, while at the same time
perfecting their skills of music and language.

Time:              Metro Campus:         Monday - Friday, 9:00 AM - 3:00
PM

Room:             Metro Campus:         Auditorium

Get full details of all our offerings and registration information by
visiting http://tricpresents.com/ArtsPrep_Landing.asp

ArtsPrep

A certified member of the National Guild of

Community Schools of the Arts

Center For Creative Arts

Metropolitan Campus

2900 Community College Avenue