[NEohioPAL] Stilt Weekend at the Cleveland Museum of Art

Jess Rudolph jrr10 at po.cwru.edu
Fri May 14 14:41:49 PDT 2010

Good afternoon!

You may have seen stilt walkers at various fairs,
parades, and events - and if you ever said you'd
like to learn, now's the time!

As part of the Cleveland Museum of Art's Parade
the Circle workshops is their annual free Stilt
Weekend.  It's this weekend - both Saturday and
Sunday from 1:30 to 4:30pm in Wade Park across
from the Museum in University Circle. You don't
have to go the entire time nor both days.

This weekend's workshop is free and you can try
on stilts and learn with experts, including some
of the stilt dancers you may have already seen in
the area.  You can try tricks and stilt
dancing.  I found it to be very fun and not as
hard as I would expect.  I learned here in 2007
and took to it very quickly - despite being a
natural klutz with little coordination!

Kids over 10 years old are also permitted with
adult permission.  I've seen lots of teenagers try this at the workshops.

<http://www.clemusart.com/events/Parade10Workshops.aspx>http://www.clemusart.com/events/Parade10Workshops.aspx

I'm not an organizer or affiliated with this in
any way; I just thought I'd spread the word.

Enjoy!

--Jess

Jess Rudolph (Niccolò Bartolazzi)
Capocomico of the Patchwork Players Productions:
The Confused Greenies & i Verdi Confusi
http://filer.case.edu/org/commedia/

-a hungry, hapless, and hopeful harlequin