[NEohioPAL] IF YOU'RE A SMOKER . . .

Jean Seitter Cummins jseitter at earthlink.net
Mon May 31 21:21:46 PDT 2010

You’ve already paid your share for Cuyahoga County Arts and Culture, so this
one’s on us.  FIRST MONDAYS invites you to join us for Poets in Performance
on Monday, June 7 at 7 PM at The Alcazar, 2450 Derbyshire in Cleveland
Heights.

We’re showcasing the work of Cleveland Heights Poet Laureate Gail Bellamy,
who was also awarded a 2010 Creative Workforce Fellowship. Joining Gail is
poet and guitarist Lee Chilcote who will entertain with a combination of
poetry, music and song. Gail is known for her food metaphors. Her work
includes titles like Victual Reality and Traveler’s Salad, both published by
Pudding House. Lee’s work has been published locally in Muse, Whiskey
island, Out of Line, and Northern Ohio Live.  He’s been strumming and
poetizing for some time and recently began writing his own songs believing
that songwriting would be easier than writing poetry. (He admits that he
should have known better.)

It’s a feast of words and music at The Alcazar, the landmark hotel at the
top of Cedar Hill in the Cedar-Fairmount neighborhood. Admission is $5 but
if you’re a smoker, you can join us for free.  Just flash your pack at the
door. Needless to say, you can’t smoke inside the Alcazar, but we hope you’
ll sit back and enjoy the subtle pleasures of words and music. And if you’re
looking for another relaxing habit, we hope you’ll consider our monthly
reading series.

Park for free on Derbyshire and Surrey or in the metered lot just off Cedar
at Surrey. Call (216) 321-5400 on the day of the program to arrange
handicapped parking inside The Alcazar garage.