[NEohioPAL] Actor Briefing for Mock Mass Casualty Exercise

Maureen Dempsey fromstage2screen at yahoo.com
Sat Jun 5 07:31:48 PDT 2010

Hello Actors,

I am looking for volunteers to serve our community.  Many of you have already signed up.  This is a reminder that the meeting is this Wednesday.  If you have not emailed me to join the group it is not too late.

As you may or may not know, response organizations and agencies that help all of us during disasters, spend time planning and coordinating their response efforts.  To test those plans and to vet out weaknesses, a system of staged drills and exercises are performed to evaluate the effectiveness of plans and response personnel. In order to make the scenario as real as possible without placing individuals in harm's way, actors provide a sense of realism that can not be reproduced in a meeting or classroom setting.

The meeting has been set at Lakewood Public Library to provide you a briefing and a context of what you may see, hear, or feel.  That briefing will be given by Marek Owca, RN, Director of Emergency Preparedness and Management. to discuss:

·          Benefits of the Exercise
·         General Actor Procedure
·         Upcoming Exercise
·         Questions regarding anything for emergency preparedness and management...well, almost anything..

Actor Briefing
June 9, 2010
7pm
Lakewood Library
Auditorium
15425 Detroit Avenue

Please respond ASAP!  We want to get an idea of how many to expect.  However, we have plenty of room so please come.

Feel free to email me with questions.  See you Wednesday!

Thank you,
Maureen Dempsey
www.maureendempsey.com