[NEohioPAL] Karaoke tribute to RJD

Al Diamond Phillips alitivity at yahoo.com
Wed Jun 16 18:03:48 PDT 2010

As many may know Nevermet is currently working on a tribute to Ronnie James Dio. However, I am was going crazy waiting for the tracks to the new song. So I grabbed a karaoke track, and threw down some vocals on a RJD/SABBATH Classic. For those of you that dont realize how Completely Bad Ass Ronnie was, just try singing one of his songs, and you will find out just like I did, He was simply the greatest Vocalist of all time, and cant be duplicated ( I actually already knew that ). My vocal pales in comparison, and even though I've been a proffesional vocalist almost my whole life, Singing Ronnie's song made me feel like an amatuer. RIP Ronnie, You were and always will be the man.

Check it out, and try not to beat me up too much for the weak vocal. I did it in one take.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0Dbwu5gZHsk

Cant believe he's been gone for a month now

I would like to add (after reading about bands capitalizing on Ronnie's Death) that the tribute song planned by Nevermet will be submitted to Wendy, and if she gives us the okay, then we will work with Stand up and Shout to release the song for charity purposes. If she does not give us the go ahead, we will not release the song for our own personal gain. We love Ronnie, and this is purely out of respect and love for him and his music.

Thanks

Al Diamond Phillips