[NEohioPAL] ACTORS STILL NEEDED FOR DURANG'S HILARIOUS "BETTY'S SUMMER VACATION" at the Oakland Center for the Arts!

Michael Dempsey demzer at gmail.com
Fri Jun 18 06:13:49 PDT 2010

ROLES STILL AVAILABLE!

Oakland Center for the
Arts<http://www.mvtheaterbuzz.com/theaters/oakland-center-for-the-arts/>
Downtown Youngstown Ohio

*Betty’s Summer Vacation*
written by Christopher Durang
directed by Craig Snay

** Show dates: August 6-21

Be a part of the hysterical craziness!

When Betty arrives at the seashore looking forward to a relaxing stay,
things go from bad to worse as some uninvited housemates draw her into chaos
and insanity in this satire of modern American culture. A serial killer with
gay tendencies, a sex maniac who pounds beers, flaunts a photo album of
shots of his private areas and harasses every female to sleep with him, a
flasher, beheadings, castrations, a rape, an explosion-–and a strange group
of "viewers" in the ceiling providing a live laugh track--Betty finds it all
in her seaside retreat.

*ROLES:*

BETTY: a nice, fairly normal young woman, late 20’s. Sensible, does her best
to be reasonable.
TRUDY: friendly, chatty, needy, rather desperate underneath. Early to mid
20’s.
KEITH: sensitive, quiet, mysterious. Late 20’s. Finds it hard to be around
people. Seems sweet, seems weird.
BUCK: handsome, sexy lout-hunk. Looks like a guy from Baywatch. Sexist and
on the make at all times.
MRS. SIEZMAGRAFF: lively, vibrant woman, mid 40’s. Oblivious to anyone
else’s discomfort.
MR. VANISLAW: an insane derelict who exposes himself to women in bathrooms.
A little scary but mostly insane. Happy in his way.
A GROUP OF VOICES: Any age or gender. Looking for a variety of both. Will
appear on stage (or just off the front) for the entire show.
*For more information, contact Craig Snay at 330.831.4271 *

"The Oakland Center for the Arts has produced some of the best local theater
I've seen in years," said actor/director Michael Dempsey.  "It's
cutting-edge material, well-acted and  sharply directed by some very
talented people.  Their recent production of 'Dinner With Friends' surpassed
much of what I've seen Off-Broadway.  I've watched the actors have rewarding
experiences, and I encourage new ones to give the 'O" a try!"