[NEohioPAL] PAID ACTORS NEEDED! - "Night at the Library" event

Mike Kraft narr8tor at gmail.com
Tue Jun 22 07:46:13 PDT 2010

 ATTENTION ACTORS!

Last year's "Night at the Library" fundraiser was a huge success, thanks in
no small part to the actors who appeared in character to make the books come
alive. Characters are needed for *Night at the Library: Unlock the
Mystery!*  on
November 6, 2010.

"Night at the Library" is an annual fundraiser for Friends of the Cleveland
Public Library.  The books are coming alive!

We are looking for actors to portray characters from literature.  Last year,
this was very successful.  Each group/actor played a scene from his/her
story and then spent some time mingling with the guests.  We would like to
set up the same format this year and the theme is mystery!

Some suggestions for characters from the mystery genre are:
*       Sherlock Holmes
*       Where's Waldo
*       Alfred Hitchcock
*       Harry Potter
*       Nancy Drew
*       Frank and Joe Hardy
*       Precious Ramotswe (from No. 1 Ladies' Detective Agency)
*       Miss Jane Marple (Agatha Christie)

If you have another famous "mystery" character you can play, let us know!
(Charlie Chan? The Thin Man? Bulldog Drummond? Hercule Poirot?)

*Performance fees are negotiable and range from $50 to $175 for the
night, *depending
on the character and the extent of the performance.  As a non-profit
organization, we certainly welcome donations of time.  Also, if you would
like for us to provide publicity for your event in lieu of a fee for your
time, please let us know.

*For more information, please contact Mary Scelsi at 216.623.2821 or
friends at cpl.org* *by  Wednesday, July 7th!*

Thank You!