[NEohioPAL] The Producers, Durang/Durang, Season Subscriptions! - July News from Chagrin Valley Little Theatre

Chagrin Valley Little Theatre cvlt at cvlt.org
Thu Jul 1 15:18:48 PDT 2010

Trouble viewing this email? See it on the web at
http://www.cvlt.org/monthlymail.htm <http://www.cvlt.org/monthlymail.htm>

  _Chagrin Valley Little Theatre - July 2010 Updates _

www.CVLT.org <http://www.CVLT.org> . 440-247-8955 . 40 River Street,
Chagrin Falls OH 44022

Join Us On Facebook
<http://www.facebook.com/pages/Chagrin-Falls-OH/Chagrin-Valley-Little-Theatre/12134459483>!

Happy summertime, everyone!

It was a very busy June at CVLT, with the highly-successful visit from
Mr. Tim Conway at the start of the month to kick off the theatre's
capital campaign, followed by the smash-hit comedy /The Dixie Swim
Club,/ whose actors and director earned a whopping /eight top honors /
from the Ohio Community Theater Association, and will be bringing an
excerpt from the show to the OCTA state-wide event in September!

To round out our amazing 80th Season in July and August, we're
presenting the area's first community theatre production of /The
Producers/ on our main stage and an evening of hilarious one-acts on our
River Street Playhouse stage. In addition, CVLT will once again be
acting as the box office and one of several venues for the Chagrin
Foundation for Arts and Culture's "Chautauqua-in-Chagrin" series.

Don't forget, the 81st Season will begin in September, with over twenty
plays, musicals, comedies, dramas and concerts to enjoy! Now is the best
time to order your subscription and save up to 30% off of CVLT's already
low main stage ticket prices.

See you soon,
Your Friends at CVLT

    * *Happening in July...* scroll down for details!
          o *July 9 - July 24 * - /Durang/Durang
            <http://cvlt.org/80thSeason/durang.php> /(one-act comedies
            at River Street Playhouse)
          o *July 23 - August 21 * - /The Producers
            <http://cvlt.org/80thSeason/producers.php>/ (musical - the
            community theatre premiere!)
          o *July 12 - 23* - Youth Theatre
            <http://cvlt.org/youth/index.php> Session 2 /* July 12 - 31*
            Youth Theatre <http://cvlt.org/youth/index.php> Session 3

    * *Chautauqua-in-Chagrin Series:*
      For more info: www.chagrinfoundation.org
      <http://www.chagrinfoundation.org> or call 440.247.9700
          o  From Asia to the Middle East <cfac-asia.php> - July 13
          o Nuclear Power & Weapons: The Right to Have & to Hold
            <cfac-nuclear.php> - July 20
          o Picture This: Photography <cfac-photography.php> - July 27
          o Excellence in Public Education <cfac-education.php> - August 3

    */Durang/Durang <http://cvlt.org/80thSeason/durang.php>/*

    *one-act comedies by
    CHRISTOPHER DURANG *

*July 9 - July 24, 2010
Fridays & Saturdays at 8 PM *

*Directed by Dan Sekanic *

*TICKETS: *$10

Tickets by phone or online /at no extra charge!/
Call 440-247-8955 or visit http://cvlt.org/80thSeason/durang.php

CVLT's River Street Playhouse, at 56 River Street - just across the
parking lot from our main building - presents an evening of five
absurdly silly one-act plays by the award-winning Christopher Durang,
author of dozens of plays and films. Mr. Durang's works include /Beyond
Therapy, Sister Mary Ignatius Explains It All For You, The Marriage of
Bette and Boo, Baby with the Bathwater, Laughing Wild, A History of the
American Film, Betty's Summer Vacation/, and /Mrs. Bob Cratchit's Wild
Christmas Binge/.

/Durang/Durang/ consists of five short comedic plays, featuring actors
Natalie Dolezal, Kacey Durbin, Harriet DeVeto, Andrew Gorgeny, Melvin
Mason, Andrew Parmalee, Robert Branch and Yvonne E. Pilarczyk.

    */The Producers <http://cvlt.org/80thSeason/producers.php>/*

    *book by MEL BROOKS
    and THOMAS MEEHAN
    music and lyrics by MEL BROOKS*

*July 23 - August 21, 2010
Fridays & Saturdays at 8 PM
Sundays August 1 and 8 at 2 PM *

*Directed by J. E. Ballantyne, Jr.
Musical Direction by David Keith Stiver
Choreography by Jennifer Leinweber-Ritz*

*TICKETS: *$18 regular - $14 student/senior

Tickets by phone or online /at no extra charge!/
Call 440-247-8955 or visit http://cvlt.org/80thSeason/producers.php

CVLT presents the area's first community theater production of Mel
Brooks' /The Producers/, the hilarious musical about washed-up theater
producer Max Bialystock and his mild-mannered accountant Leo Bloom, who
hatch a plan to get rich quick by producing the most notorious flop in
the history of Broadway!

Based on Mel Brooks' hit 1968 film of the same name, /The Producers/ won
a record-breaking 12 Tony Awards in 2001, including Best Musical. It's
chock-full of the same broad, goofball humor that made Mel's films like
/Blazing Saddles/, /Spaceballs/, and /Young Frankenstein/ comedy
classics. Don't miss it!

*Subscribe to our 81st Season and save!*

Our 81st Season features /over 20/ events and shows to entertain you,
and buying a Season Subscription now saves you money on our 6 Main Stage
productions!

    * *$75 Regular Subscription*: One ticket to each main stage show
      (that's a 25% savings!)
    * *$65 Senior/Student Subscription*: One ticket to each main stage
      show (20% /further below/ the already great senior/student discount!)
    * *$100 Flex Pass Subscription*: /EIGHT / tickets to use in /any/
      combination for /any/ of our main stage productions. Maximum
      savings and maximum flexibility for your entertainment dollar!

*Subscribe today by calling the Box Office or visiting
CVLT.org/81stSeason <http://www.cvlt.org/81stSeason/index.php>*!

*MAIN STAGE PLAYS & MUSICALS:*
/Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde/ (October 15 - 30, 2010)
/Annie/ (November 19 - December 18, 2010)
/Bloody Murder/ (January 14 - February 5, 2011)
/Dirty Rotten Scoundrels/ (March 17- April 16, 2011)
/Don't Dress for Dinner/ (June 3 - July 25, 2011)
/The Rocky Horror Show/ (July 22 - August 20, 2011)

*RIVER STREET PLAYHOUSE:*
/The Last Five Years/ (October 29 - November 13, 2010)
/Hillary: A Modern Greek Tragedy/ (November 26 - December 11, 2010)
/Underneath the Lintel/ (April 29 - May 14, 2011)
/The Ten/Ten Festival of One-Act Plays/ (July 1 - July 16, 2011)
/2 Across/ (August 12 - 27, 2011)

*SPECIAL EVENTS:*
/Murder By The Falls: Who Ya Gonna Call?/ (September 10 - 11, 2010)
Chagrin Falls Studio Orchestra & CVLT's:/ "From Broadway, with Love"
/(September 24 - 26, 2010)
/Ghosts, Goblins & Gobbledygook/ (October 23 - 24, 2010)
Youth Theater Showcase (November 6, 2010)
/Holiday Show & Gingerbread Tea/ (December 11 - 12, 2010)
Chagrin Falls Studio Orchestra: /Holiday Show/ (December 22, 2010)
New Year's Eve Musical Revue (December 31, 2010)
Chagrin Studio Orchestra: /Valentine's Concert/ (February 12, 2011)
Youth Theater Production (February 19 - 20, 2011)
Chagrin Studio Orchestra Concert (May 7, 2011)

*GET YOUR BRICK PAVERS!*
We'll be ready to install more engraved pavers in our sidewalk later
this summer! Get your custom engraved brick paver order in before the
next round begins - http://www.cvlt.org/bricks

*CVLT.org . 440-247-8955
40 River Street, Chagrin Falls OH 44022*

Chagrin Valley Little Theatre is generously funded by Cuyahoga County
residents through Cuyahoga Arts and Culture. The Ohio Arts Council helps
fund our organization with state tax dollars to encourage economic
growth, educational excellence and cultural enrichment for all Ohioans.