[NEohioPAL] Mercury Summer Stock's Li'l Abner opens one week from today!

Mercury Summer Stock mercuryss at mac.com
Fri Jul 2 06:31:40 PDT 2010

For Immediate Release

Contact: Pierre-Jacques Brault, Artistic Director

Li’l Abner

Lyrics by Johnny Mercer             Music by Gene De Paul

Book by Norman Panama and Melvin Frank
Based on Characters Created by Al Capp

Directed and Choreographed by Pierre-Jacques Brault

Musical Directed by Eddie Carney

Opening Friday July 9th, 2010

At The Brooks Theatre in the Cleveland Play House

8500 Euclid Avenue, Cleveland OH 44106

Mercury Summer Stock continues its residency at the Cleveland Play House’s Brooks Theatre with the side-splittin’, foot-stompin’ musical extravaganza Li’l Abner. Al Capp’s world-famous comic strip jumps to life in this fun-filled politically charged classic playing July 9-24th, 2010. Li’l Abner  is laced with gentle satire, rib-tickling humor, and a host of brash, catchy tunes including If I Had My Druthers, Jubilation T. Cornpone, Namely You, I’m Past My Prime and The Country's in the Very Best of Hands. Artistic Director Pierre-Jacques Brault will stage Mercury Summer Stock’s production faithful to the original work while adding his signature flair and promises a satisfying mixture of hillbilly nonsense and sharp, political humor that guarantees to appeal to the sophisticated theatregoer as well as the child within us all.

Featuring Kent State musical theatre senior Jason Leupold as the loveable Abner Yokum and GLTF Actor-Teacher Annie Hickey as the girl after his heart, Daisy Mae. Cleveland theatre favorites Dan DiCello (Marryin’ Sam), Kelvette Beacham (Mammy Yokum) and Brian Marshall (Pappy Yokum) lead an ensemble of 27 misfits and goons as they fight to save Dog Patch from nuclear destruction…in enough time to run the annual Sadie Hawkins Day Race!

Tickets for Li’l Abner are available by calling the Mercury Summer Stock box office at (216) 771-5862. Group discounts available.

At A Glance:

What: Mercury Summer Stock’s Li’l Abner

When: July 9-10, 14-17, & 21-24.  All performances at 7:30PM

Where: The Brooks Theatre in The Cleveland Play House. 8500 Euclid Ave. Cleveland. 44106

Cost: $15.00 for Adults and $12.00 for Students (college and under) /Seniors (60 and up)

For reservations and more information please call 216.771.5862, or order online at www.mercurysummerstock.com.