[NEohioPAL] Last Weekend For Workshop Players "My Father's Face Was Crystal"

Workshop Players wspamherst at gmail.com
Wed Jul 7 07:52:46 PDT 2010

 Workshop Players Theatre-in-the-Round presents "My Father's Face Was
Crystal", written by Wade Hubbard and directed by Don Wozniak.

This is a play about “the Greatest Generation,” but not written so much for
them as for their children and grandchildren.  In those days, men went off
to war and women stayed home.  Will and Jessie Fairchild (Jerred Adams and
Julie Marchand) are typical examples of what happened to millions of American
families.  They can only stay in touch by letter, and letters between them
form the basis of the play's dialogue.

    The war changes both of them.  The play is both touching and poignant.
There is humor, but it is, after all, about the war.  Audiences will enjoy
this play, but they will also be given something to think about.

The cast also includes: Jordon Lawhorn, Heather Booth, Ron Young and Jerry
Coghlan.

Live musical interludes between scenes feature classic songs from the era.  A
quintet ( Patricia Boone, Olivia Cotton, Jake Watkin, Lowell Morton, and
Ashley Reese) alternately portrays 1940's radio singers and performers in a
USO show. Come let us take you on a “Sentimental Journey”!

Performance dates are July 9, 10 at 8 p.m., with a Sunday matinees on July
11 at 3 p.m.

Tickets are $12.00 each or $10.00 each for groups of 15 or more and may be
reserved by calling the box office at 440-988-5613.

Workshop Players Theatre-in-the-Round is located at 44820 Middle Ridge Road
in Amherst, and our mezzanine area is wheelchair accessible. Check out our
website at www.workshopplayers.com.

--
"If all the world's a stage, I want better lighting!"