[NEohioPAL] Beachwood Theatre Camp 2010 - There's still time to sign up for Session II

theatremessages theatremessages at gmail.com
Wed Jul 7 19:34:14 PDT 2010

*Beachwood Theatre Camp Celebrates Its 27th Summer*

****This award-winning summer theatre program encompasses a professional
theatre experience through a nurturing, warm environment allowing every
student to shine.****

Featuring great roles for teens and younger kids alike!

*We are now accepting registration for Session II.*

Jill Koslen-Freireich, founding director, selects the finest staff for this
award-winning theatre camp.

   - Vocal Instructor Beth Ray, 30+ years in musical direction and education
   - Crafts Instructor Mary Braun, 30+ years in Cleveland Heights-University
   Heights schools; art educator
   - Acting Instructor Geo. W. Crenshaw, 30+ years in education and theatre
   - Dance/Movement Instructor Eugene Sumlin, award-winning choreographer
   and show choir director
   - Performance Instructor Rod Lawrence, Baldwin-Wallace musical
   theatre conservatory senior
   - Vocal Instructor Rory Sanders, featured vocalist and former CIM
   instructor

Masters Workshops taught by Marc Moritz, Kent State University theatre
professor; Jean Zarzour, professional actress and coach; Jeff Blanchard,
founding director of Something Dada; and Brian Marshall, professional actor
and director.

Our second session offers professionally taught classes in acting, improv,
dance, crafts and vocal performance.
Workshops foster growth for our younger performers while Masters Workshops
are tailored to challenge our more experienced performers.
All students will receive a speaking role in the full-scale, two-act musical
production of...
*Alice the Musical*
This original musical spins the tale of a modern Alice who befriends a white
rabbit and opposes peer pressure while gaining self-confidence and
independence by following her heart and trusting her instincts.

Original music has the sound of a modern Broadway production.

Field trips, guest artists, swim time at the Beachwood Family Aquatics
Center and weekly showcases provide multiple performance opportunities for
students to display their phenomenal growth in this spectacular summer
theatre program.

This is a not-for-profit organization. So, costs are *family-friendly* while
providing the highest-caliber theatrical experience for students.

*The Specifics*
Session II - July 12th through August 6th
$500 for Residents        $550 for Non-Residents              *  ------ No
additonal fees to participate in production :)*
Open to students grades 2 through 9.
To register or for more information, contact the Beachwood Board of
Education at 216.464.2600.

"Jill opened her arms to me. She trusted me when I first started. She gave
me the foundation and confidence to be where I am today."  -- Halle Morse;
Broadway actress and former student
"Beachwood Theatre Camp is the best summer theatre program I ever attended.
Jill gives every camper a chance to shine. It is the best place for
beginners and advanced performers alike. BTC provides performance
opportunities through full-scale musicals coupled with professional
workshops while still remaining a fun, summer day camp." -- Casey J. Braun,
CRO; media professional and former student

"To say that my years with Jill at BTC positively impacted my life is quite
the understatement. I am continually impressed by how often in my daily life
I employ knowledge and skills I learned from BTC. It taught me, both
explicitly holistically, to carry myself confidently, make strong choices in
performance, collaborate with others and appreciate a job well done." --
Evan Sanders; composer and former student