[NEohioPAL] Pierre-Jacques Brault brings you LI'L ABNER opening TOMORROW: Check out the cast list!

Mercury Summer Stock mercuryss at mac.com
Thu Jul 8 05:57:43 PDT 2010

For Immediate Release
Contact: Pierre-Jacques Brault, Artistic Director

Li’l Abner
Lyrics by Johnny Mercer	 Music by Gene De Paul
Book by Norman Panama and Melvin Frank
Based on Characters Created by Al Capp

Directed and Choreographed by Pierre-Jacques Brault
Musical Directed by Eddie Carney

Opening Friday July 9th, 2010
At The Brooks Theatre in the Cleveland Play House
8500 Euclid Avenue, Cleveland OH 44106

Mercury Summer Stock continues its residency at the Cleveland Play
House’s Brooks Theatre with the side-splittin’, foot-stompin’ musical
extravaganza Li’l Abner. Al Capp’s world-famous comic strip jumps to
life in this fun-filled politically charged classic playing July
9-24th, 2010. Li’l Abner is laced with gentle satire, rib-tickling
humor, and a host of brash, catchy tunes including If I Had My
Druthers, Jubilation T. Cornpone, Namely You, I’m Past My Prime and
The Country's in the Very Best of Hands. Artistic Director Pierre-
Jacques Brault will stage Mercury Summer Stock’s production faithful
to the original work while adding his signature flair and promises a
satisfying mixture of hillbilly nonsense and sharp, political humor
that guarantees to appeal to the sophisticated theatregoer as well as
the child within us all.

Featuring Kent State musical theatre senior Jason Leupold as the
loveable Abner Yokum and GLTF Actor-Teacher Annie Hickey as the girl
after his heart, Daisy Mae. Cleveland theatre favorites Dan DiCello
(Marryin’ Sam), Kelvette Beacham (Mammy Yokum) and Brian Marshall
(Pappy Yokum) lead an ensemble of 27 misfits and goons as they fight
to save Dog Patch from nuclear destruction…in enough time to run the
annual Sadie Hawkins Day Race!

Tickets for Li’l Abner are available by calling the Mercury Summer
Stock box office at (216) 771-5862. Group discounts available.

At A Glance:

What: Mercury Summer Stock’s Li’l Abner

When: July 9-10, 14-17, & 21-24. All performances at 7:30PM

Where: The Brooks Theatre in The Cleveland Play House. 8500 Euclid
Ave. Cleveland. 44106

Cost: $15.00 for Adults and $12.00 for Students (college and under) /
Seniors (60 and up)

For reservations and more information please call 216.771.5862, or
order online at www.mercurysummerstock.com.

THE CAST OF LI'L ABNER

Abner Yokum 			Jason Leupold
Daisy Mae 				Annie Hickey
Mammy Yokum 			Kelvette Beacham
Pappy Yokum 			Brian Marshall*
Marryin' Sam		 		Dan DiCello
Earthquake McGoon 		Christopher Aldrich
Senator Phogbound 		Christopher Fortunato
General Bullmoose 		James Mango
Appasionata von Climax 	Sarah Saddler
Available Jones 			Tim Allen
Mayor Dawgmeat 		Trey Gilpin
Stupefyin' Jones 			Elizabeth Bancroft
Evil Eye Fleagle 			Jonathan Ramos
Moonbeam McSwine 		Jennifer Myor
Romeo Scragg 			Aaron Keen
Dr. Finsdale 				Ryan Bergeron
G-Man 					Joseph A. McIntyre

Ensemble
Kaitlyn Dessoffy
Alyssa Hostetler
Courtney Hostetler
Melanie Leibold
Kate Leigh Michalski
Kristopher Ray North
Nick Rogers
Ryan Thompson (U/S Pappy/Evil)

*Appears courtesy of Actor's Equity Special Appearance

Brian Marshall
Managing Director
Mercury Summer Stock
216.771.5862