[NEohioPAL] Feature Film "Greater Threat" Support needed from KickStarter.com

Gerald Perry gperry at nextelhere.com
Wed Jul 21 05:04:17 PDT 2010

Greater Threat is a dramatic action movie about syndicates that operate sex slave rings. We are an independent movie shot on a very low budget. It is a full length feature film shot in true high definition wide screen.

The story line shows how far a father will go to save his daughter from a prostitution ring and how far an undercover cop will go to bring down the syndicate behind it.

WHO WE ARE

Greater Threat is a collaborative effort by a lot of dedicated and highly motivated people in the Cleveland, Ohio area that simply wanted to make a good movie. We also wanted a movie that carried a strong message with it concerning the underworld of sex slave rings and how they work. Everyone on the movie set, both behind and in front of the camera, donated their time free of charge to the project. Most of it was shot on long weekends and we shot continuously for over a year. Yeah, that’s right – we all thought it would take a lot less time!

WHAT WE’VE DONE SO FAR

We completed a 90 minute version of the movie and submitted it to the “Action On Film” festival in Pasadena, California. It was not only accepted, but we were thrilled to learn we were nominated for Best in Show and also Best Cinematography, and we won the award for Excellence in US Independent Film Making.

We also took the film to the American Film Market, which is like the world's fair of filmmaking in Santa Monica, CA. After talking with many reputable distributors, we were encouraged... very encouraged… to somehow involve an A-list or highly recognizable actor to help sell the movie to audiences on a much grander scale. They said our movie had the look and feel of a studio picture.

WHAT WE WILL DO WITH THE MONEY FROM KICK STARTER

It was very cool to hear distributors tell us that A-list actors should be in Greater Threat! What an endorsement of our movie! Well, our first thought was, a popular actor could cost more than we spent on the whole project.

Nevertheless, we wrote a new prelude for the movie, added a couple new scenes and contacted several good actors... actors with household names. We were a bit surprised to hear how much they liked the project and maybe more importantly, that they were willing to accept our low budget offer which was much less than they would usually get.

Just to clarify, because we get a lot of questions about this - we will take the 90 minute movie as it is today and take out only a few scenes. Then will add a new beginning to the movie (the prelude) and add the couple new scenes ( in the middle and end). These new scenes will have the new “highly recognizable” actor in them.

One of the actors we approached, and think would do well in our movie, is Michael Madsen (Reservoir Dogs, Kill Bill 1 & 2, Sin City). As Director, I received a few phone calls from Michael who I found business like but easy to talk to. He expressed his interest in acting in Greater Threat and gave me his home phone number, saying he would like a call when we get the financing in place. Michael liked the action part for the prelude which has his character at an international airport. There he tries to escape from the ICE Agent with exploding planes, airport fire fighting equipment and helicopters overhead. All of this is in place thanks to many very supportive people!

All we need now is your generous pledge which will be used to bring a very recognizable actor to Cleveland, Ohio for about 3 long days of shooting. We will shoot 4 days if we exceed our goal! Together we can enhance an already great movie and pave the way for world wide distribution!!

Check out our web site to get a feel for the movie and see the trailer - as the movie stands today: www.GreaterThreat.com

http://kck.st/cmUub3

>From all of us with Greater Threat –

THANK YOU SO VERY MUCH FOR YOUR SUPPORT !!!!

Gerald "Alpine" Perry