[NEohioPAL] Li'l Abner at Mercury Summer Stock! Final Weekend! Great Seats Still Available!

Mercury Summer Stock mercuryss at mac.com
Fri Jul 23 05:46:13 PDT 2010

Mercury Summer Stock presents  the final two performances of the
hilarious hit musical "Li'l Abner" that critics and audiences alike
are loving:

"Sublime!...a fast and funny theatrical romp!" Christine Howey, Scene
Magazine

"Highly entertaining example of musical theater!" Ted Larsen, Parma
Sun Post

"Vibrant, witty choreography and direction... It’s light and
invigorating entertainment, perfect for summer!" Aaron Krause,
Norwalk Reflector

"A pleasant evening of diversion." Roy Berko

Final Two performances - Tonight and tomorrow (July 23rd and 24th) at
7:30 PM.
GREAT SEATS STILL AVAILABLE!
For reservations call the box office at 216.771.5862 or order online
at www.mercurysummerstock.com

Li’l Abner

Lyrics by Johnny Mercer                        Music by Gene De Paul

Book by Norman Panama and Melvin Frank
Based on Characters Created by Al Capp

Directed and Choreographed by Pierre-Jacques Brault

Musical Directed by Eddie Carney

Final Two Performances Friday July 23rd and Saturday July 24th, 2010
@ 7:30 PM

At The Brooks Theatre in the Cleveland Play House

8500 Euclid Avenue, Cleveland OH 44106

Mercury Summer Stock continues its residency at the Cleveland Play
House’s Brooks Theatre with the side-splittin’, foot-stompin’ musical
extravaganza Li’l Abner. Al Capp’s world-famous comic strip jumps to
life in this fun-filled politically charged classic playing July
9-24th, 2010. Li’l Abner  is laced with gentle satire, rib-tickling
humor, and a host of brash, catchy tunes including If I Had My
Druthers, Jubilation T. Cornpone, Namely You, I’m Past My Prime and
The Country's in the Very Best of Hands. Artistic Director Pierre-
Jacques Brault will stage Mercury Summer Stock’s production faithful
to the original work while adding his signature flair and promises a
satisfying mixture of hillbilly nonsense and sharp, political humor
that guarantees to appeal to the sophisticated theatregoer as well as
the child within us all.

Featuring Kent State musical theatre senior Jason Leupold as the
loveable Abner Yokum and GLTF Actor-Teacher Annie Hickey as the girl
after his heart, Daisy Mae. Cleveland theatre favorites Dan DiCello
(Marryin’ Sam), Kelvette Beacham (Mammy Yokum) and Brian Marshall
(Pappy Yokum) lead an ensemble of 27 misfits and goons as they fight
to save Dog Patch from nuclear destruction…in enough time to run the
annual Sadie Hawkins Day Race!

Tickets for Li’l Abner  are available by calling the Mercury Summer
Stock box office at (216) 771-5862. Group discounts available.

At A Glance:

What: Mercury Summer Stock’s Li’l Abner

When: July 23 and 24.  All performances at 7:30PM

Where: The Brooks Theatre in The Cleveland Play House. 8500 Euclid
Ave. Cleveland. 44106

Cost: $15.00 for Adults and $12.00 for Students (college and under) /
Seniors (60 and up)

For reservations and more information please call 216.771.5862, or
order online at www.mercurysummerstock.com.

Brian Marshall
Managing Director
Mercury Summer Stock