[NEohioPAL] Need help rehoming a fantastic dog!

F.B. fennablue at gmail.com
Sun Jul 25 03:49:17 PDT 2010

A friend of mine needs help rehoming her pet.  She simply doesn't have the
capacity to give him the care he deserves.  If you're unable to take in a
very cute and lovable dog, please consider passing this e-mail along.  Maybe
with just a few forwards, we can find him the perfect home. Thanks!

Here is her description:

Cody is a mix that contains border collie and sheltie from what I can tell.
He is 4 years old.  He knows his basic commands and does well on a leash if
he's wearing his pincher collar.  He currently lives with a child, a cat and
dogs.  Cody would do best in a home with children over the age of 9 as
little kids play rougher than he would like.  He does well around other
dogs, but if he were to go into a home with other dogs, I would like it to
be on a trial basis for the first few weeks just to make sure it was a good
fit. Cody is very attached to me and very protective (not that he can do
much at 35 lbs haha).  He has *never* attacked or attempted, but he does
like to be by my side constantly and has separation anxiety.  It is because
of that anxiety that  he is crate trained.  I imagine that he will form this
bond with his next owner, so someone who is home a lot would be ideal.  Cody
is a darter, so his next home should either be on a large stretch of land
(when he runs, he always comes back home) or fenced in.  I think Cody would
do well on a farm or farm-like setting; he has a lot of energy and needs
routine walks.  He is up to date on all his shots and has his rabies tag.
He is also currently registered in Medina County, so if his new family lived
here that would be taken care of.  He comes with his leash, his collar, his
pincher collar, his kennel, toys, clothes, Halloween costumes and his
bandanna.  I am asking a small re-homing fee which is negotiable after a
home visit to make sure he's going to the right home. I would love updates
from Cody's new owner about how he is doing.

I have pictures available on request.  Thank you so much for your time.

-Fenna Blue