[NEohioPAL] The Producers, Dr. Jekyll & Mr. Hyde auditions, 81st Season kickoff: August News from CVLT

Chagrin Valley Little Theatre cvlt at cvlt.org
Mon Aug 2 14:20:28 PDT 2010

Trouble viewing this email? See it on the web at
http://www.cvlt.org/monthlymail.htm <http://www.cvlt.org/monthlymail.htm>

  _Chagrin Valley Little Theatre
  August 2010 Updates _

www.CVLT.org <http://www.CVLT.org> . 440-247-8955
40 River Street, Chagrin Falls OH 44022

Join Us On Facebook
<http://www.facebook.com/pages/Chagrin-Falls-OH/Chagrin-Valley-Little-Theatre/12134459483>

Hello everyone!

CVLT is rounding off its amazing 80th Season with the area's first
community theatre production of /The Producers/ (running through the
21st), and our new season will kick off with the annual /Murder by the
Falls/ fund-raising mystery evening on September 10 and 11. With over
twenty plays, musicals, comedies, dramas and concerts to enjoy, now is
the best time to order your subscription for our 81st and save up to 30%
off of CVLT's already low main stage ticket prices.

The theater has mailed out details of the new season in our brochure,
and you may also receive a letter requesting your support for our
Producer's Circle and Operating Fund - please consider a donation, no
matter how small.

See you soon,
Your Friends at CVLT

    * *Happening in August...* scroll down or click for details!
          o *August 3* - Excellence in Public Education
            <http://cvlt.org/80thSeason/cfac-education.php>
            (Chautauqua-in-Chagrin Series)
          o *Now through August 21 * - /The Producers
            <http://cvlt.org/80thSeason/producers.php>/
          o *August 15 & 16* - Auditions for /Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde/
            <http://cvlt.org/auditions.php>

    */ The Producers <http://cvlt.org/80thSeason/producers.php>/*

    *book by MEL BROOKS
    and THOMAS MEEHAN
    music and lyrics by MEL BROOKS*

*NOW through August 21, 2010
Fridays & Saturdays at 8 PM
Sunday, August 8 at 2 PM *

*Directed by J. E. Ballantyne, Jr.
Musical Direction by David Keith Stiver
Choreography by Jennifer Leinweber-Ritz*

*TICKETS: *$18 regular - $14 student/senior

*Tickets by phone or online /at no extra charge!
/Call 440-247-8955 or visit http://cvlt.org/80thSeason/producers.php*

    "With a *marvelous cast* and all the complex insanity necessary...
    enough *genuine silliness to keep audiences laughing* for nearly
    three hours... Chagrin Valley Little Theatre has *scored and scored
    big*... CVLT makes true believers out of anyone lucky enough to
    latch onto a ticket..."

    /-- Herb Hammer, The Chagrin Valley Times/

CVLT presents the area's first community theater production of Mel
Brooks' /The Producers/, the hilarious musical about washed-up theater
producer Max Bialystock and his mild-mannered accountant Leo Bloom, who
hatch a plan to get rich quick by producing the most notorious flop in
the history of Broadway!

Based on Mel Brooks' hit 1968 film of the same name, /The Producers/ won
a record-breaking 12 Tony Awards in 2001, including Best Musical. It's
chock-full of the same broad, goofball humor that made Mel's films like
/Blazing Saddles/, /Spaceballs/, and /Young Frankenstein/ comedy
classics. Don't miss it!

*Subscribe to our 81st Season and save!*

Our 81st Season features /over 20/ events and shows to entertain you,
and buying a Season Subscription now saves you money on our 6 Main Stage
productions!

    * *$75 Regular Subscription*: One ticket to each main stage show
      (that's a 25% savings!)
    * *$65 Senior/Student Subscription*: One ticket to each main stage
      show (20% /further below/ the already great senior/student discount!)
    * *$100 Flex Pass Subscription*: /EIGHT / tickets to use in /any/
      combination for /any/ of our main stage productions. Maximum
      savings and maximum flexibility for your entertainment dollar!

*Subscribe today by calling the Box Office
or visiting www.cvlt.org/81stSeason
<http://www.cvlt.org/81stSeason/index.php>*!

*MAIN STAGE PLAYS & MUSICALS:*
/Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde/ (October 15 - 30, 2010)
/Annie/ (November 19 - December 18, 2010)
/Bloody Murder/ (January 14 - February 5, 2011)
/Dirty Rotten Scoundrels/ (March 17- April 16, 2011)
/Don't Dress for Dinner/ (June 3 - July 25, 2011)
/The Rocky Horror Show/ (July 22 - August 20, 2011)

*RIVER STREET PLAYHOUSE:*
/The Last Five Years/ (October 29 - November 13, 2010)
/Hillary: A Modern Greek Tragedy/ (November 26 - December 11, 2010)
/Underneath the Lintel/ (April 29 - May 14, 2011)
/The Ten/Ten Festival of One-Act Plays/ (July 1 - July 16, 2011)
/2 Across/ (August 12 - 27, 2011)

*SPECIAL EVENTS:*
/Murder By The Falls: Who Ya Gonna Call?/ (September 10 - 11, 2010)
Chagrin Falls Studio Orchestra & CVLT's:/ "From Broadway, with Love"
/(September 24 - 26, 2010)
/Ghosts, Goblins & Gobbledygook/ (October 23 - 24, 2010)
Youth Theater Showcase (November 6, 2010)
/Holiday Show & Gingerbread Tea/ (December 11 - 12, 2010)
Chagrin Falls Studio Orchestra: /Holiday Show/ (December 22, 2010)
New Year's Eve Musical Revue (December 31, 2010)
Chagrin Studio Orchestra: /Valentine's Concert/ (February 12, 2011)
Youth Theater Production (February 19 - 20, 2011)
Chagrin Studio Orchestra Concert (May 7, 2011)

      "Murder by the Falls: Who Ya Gonna Call?"
      September 10 and 11 at 7:15pm
      /*Featuring award-winning novelist Les Roberts! */

Tickets now available for CVLT's 25th annual mystery fund-raiser!

When the theatre's peaceful resident ghost suddenly starts to cause
havoc, a wild host of psychics and ghost hunters descend on the theater
to try and get in touch with the other side.

You and your 8-person team will help Inspector Gotcha and Detective
Ketchum to figure out exactly what the ghost is trying to communicate,
as it just might point to a flesh-and-blood criminal!

Tickets are $50 per person ($25 is tax-deductible), including hors
d'oeuvres and dessert! Call the box office at 440-247-8955 to make your
reservations for this popular comedy/mystery event!

      Open Auditions

Daniel Takacs directs Jeffrey Hatcher's drama /Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde/,
a new and unique take on the Robert Louis Stevenson classic tale, in
which Hyde is played by four separate actors.

Auditions will be at Chagrin Valley Little Theatre, 40 River Street in
Chagrin Falls. Actors will be reading from the script - sides will be
made available at Chagrin Valley Little Theater by Monday, August 9th.
Please bring an acting resume and headshot (if available).

*Performance Dates:* October 15 - 30 (Fri/Sat at 8)

*Auditions to be held on:*
Sunday, August 15 at 2:00 PM
Monday, August 16 at 7:00 PM
Callbacks on Wednesday, August 18th at 7

Rehearsals to begin on Sunday, August 22nd at 2.

*Available Roles:*

    * Dr. Jekyll, 40's to 50's
    * Edward Hyde/Gabriel Utterson, 30's to 50's
    * Edward Hyde/Sir Danvers Carew/Richard Enfield/O.F.
      Sanderson/Inspector, 30's-50's
    * Edward Hyde/Dr. H. K. Lanyon/Police Doctor/Surgical Student, 30's-40's
    * Edward Hyde/Poole/Surgical Student/Police Doctor (Actress), 30's-40's
    * Elizabeth Jelkes (F), 20's
    * Various (students, city people, maid, servant.), casting 1M & 1F,
      20's to 40's

*GET YOUR BRICK PAVERS!*
We'll be ready to install more engraved pavers in our sidewalk later
this summer! Get your custom engraved brick paver order in before the
next round begins - http://www.cvlt.org/bricks 	*ADVERTISE IN OUR
PLAYBILL!*
Get your message in front of hundreds of theatergoers throughout the
entire 81st Season at incredibly low prices! Contact Diane Gotliebowski
at ads at cvlt.org <mailto:ads at cvlt.org> or 440.223.5953 for rates and
details today!

*CVLT.org . 440-247-8955
40 River Street, Chagrin Falls OH 44022*

Chagrin Valley Little Theatre is generously funded by Cuyahoga County
residents through Cuyahoga Arts and Culture. The Ohio Arts Council helps
fund our organization with state tax dollars to encourage economic
growth, educational excellence and cultural enrichment for all Ohioans.