[NEohioPAL] Kids' Art for Soldiers this Saturday at the Lakewood Arts Festival

Ruth Koenigsmark rkoenigsmark at yahoo.com
Wed Aug 4 13:18:21 PDT 2010

Press Release
For Immediate Release
KIDS’ ART FOR SOLDIERS
Lakewood, Ohio, August 4, 2010…Taking inspiration from Art For Soldiers creator Heather McMahan, Lakewood is Art/Artwood honors her vision by presenting Kids’ Art for Soldiers this year at the Lakewood Arts Festival on Saturday, August 7th at the Kendall Jarrell Insurance Advisors/Nationwide Booth at 14650 Detroit Avenue, from 10-3pm.
The mission of this program is to improve the quality of life for our American Soldiers by collecting and delivering powerfully uplifting letters and Art from children. At the Lakewood Arts Festival, children of all ages will be asked to take a few moments to create a picture or card to pay tribute to our American Heroes.
This collection will be displayed at Wobblefoot Gallery along with a cookie and punch reception on Saturday, August 28 from 2-4pm. This event is open to the public. After the Wobblefoot Opening, the collection will be posted on the Lakewood is Art/Artwood Website, www.artwoodohio.org  and originals will be sent to one of our local troops stationed overseas.
 For questions, please contact Ruth Koenigsmark at Kendall Jarrell Insurance Advisors or Lakewood is Art by calling 216.226.9813. If you miss the Art Festival, you can still participate .  Just send your work to Kendall Jarrell Insurance Advisors at 14650 Detroit Ave, Suite #100 Lakewood, OH 44107 no later than Friday, August 27th at Noon