[NEohioPAL] Cinema at the Square review/preview

Justin Markert justinmarkert41 at gmail.com
Fri Aug 6 06:24:16 PDT 2010

>From my Cleveland Film & Music Blog: www.thereisnoblackorwhite.com

Last night Allie and I attended the opening night of this year’s Cinema at
the Square at PlayhouseSquare.  Now in its thirteenth year, this year’s
schedule boasts 16 films all showing in the Palace Theater on a 20 foot
screen, the largest non-Imax screen in Ohio.

The film we saw last night was the 1985 comedy classic *Fletch* starring
Chevy Chase. Before the show started there was an oldtime organ in the front
of the theater playing as people waited, just like the movie houses in
the old days. Before the feature started, there were no previews, but there
were two *Merry Melodies *cartoons from back in the day. One starred Foghorn
Leghorn and the other starred Bugs Bunny and the Tazmanian Devil. Made me
thing of all those unfortunate souls out there that got a “Taz” tattoo in
the early nineties. Fletch was great of course, and It was awesome to see a
movie in that huge beautiful theater.
They’re doing it all month long and tickets are only $5! I highly suggest
checking it out. Below is the upcoming schedule:

*TONIGHT* August 6 – 7:30pm - *The Wizard of Oz (sing-along)*

August 7 – 2:00pm – *Adam’s Rim*

August 7 – 8:00pm – *Casablanca*

August 8 – 2:00pm – *The Adventures of Robin Hood (Errol Flynn)*

August 12 – 7:30pm – *Love in the Afternoon*

August 13 – 7:30 pm -* A Hard Day’s Night*

August 14 – 2:00pm – *Butch Cassidy & the Sundance Kid*

August 14 – 8:00pm – *Psycho*

August 15 – 2:00pm – *A Streetcar Named Desire*

August 19 – 7:30pm – *Back to the Future*

August 20 – 7:30pm –* The Natural*

August 21 – 2:00pm – *Gremlins*

August 21 – 5:30pm – *Goldfinger*

August 21 – 8:00pm – *The Spy Who Loved Me*
August 22 – 2:00pm – *The Muppet Movie*
**
Save 50% on tickets when you purchase a FlixTIX
pass<http://ev15.evenue.net/cgi-bin/ncommerce3/SEGetEventInfo?ticketCode=GS%3APSQ%3A11TOM%3AFLIXTIX%3A&linkID=psq&shopperContext=&caller=&appCode=&RSRC=website&RDAT=2010Cinema>,
6 vouchers for $15. Vouchers can be used in any combination and at any
movie. www.playhousesquare.com

www.thereisnoblackorwhite.com