[NEohioPAL] Auditions for The Oatmeal Boys

Christopher Foreman foremancj at gmail.com
Tue Aug 10 20:40:23 PDT 2010

CAST AND CREW CALL

**AUDITIONS LATE AUGUST**

*My name is Chris.  I’m a senior producer at a local TV station.  Outside my
job I write comedy.  I created a project called The Oatmeal Boys in the
early 90s.  It started off as a sketch show, but over the years we focused
on single sketches for internet release, with a lot of work devoted to
pitching our show to the networks.  Then youtube exploded and nobody was
interested in picking-up sketch comedy anymore.*

*We had interest from Comedy Central but got lost in the shuffle when they
got bought-out by Viacom.  We almost struck a deal with Burly Bear but they
went out of business.  We won grants.  We won awards.  I was at Just Comedy
in Montreal to push it.  There’s a lot more to it, but it’s never reached
the level I wanted to hit.*

*So recently, I teamed-up with my friend Sam to advance the project as a
scripted show.  Sam is a veteran editor in LA, working on The Bachelor, The
Biggest Loser, the list goes on.  All the connections he approached with our
material were interested (some of them very interested), but everyone wanted
tape.*

* *

*And that’s where I’m at now.  I’m assembling a cast and crew to shoot a
trailer for The Oatmeal Boys scripted show.*

* *

*A pair of heirs to the Craigwick Oatmeal empire try to avoid the one sure
thing in their lives: spending the rest of their days in their family’s
oatmeal kingdom.  Should run :45 to :90 seconds.*

* *

*AUDITIONS: not set.  I would like to see some samples of your work and a
headshot.  I’ll let you know when I narrow it down.*

*ROLES AVAILABLE:*

Sam:

White male. Age 18-25.

Sam is a respectable stand-up kid.  He’s rational, level-headed, and wants
nothing to do with inheriting his family’s oatmeal business.  Because of his
wealth, he’s a little out of touch with the world.  Just a little.

Ben:

White male. Age 18-25.

Ben is Sam’s brother.  He’s quick to anger and physically aggressive, but
will back-down at Sam’s command.  Ben also hates his working in family’s
business.

Sandra:

Female. Age 18-24.

Sandra does PR at Craigwick Oatmeal.  She’s smart, attractive, and joins Ben
and Sam on their adventures to escape the business.

Strom Craigwick:

Male.  Age 50-70.

The father and CEO of Craigwick Oatmeal.  Sees Sam and Ben doing nothing but
following his footsteps.  Gives them no choice.

Reporter

*Already filled*

* *

Shareholder 1

Shareholder 2

Shareholder 3

Shareholder 4

Shareholder 5

Email me at foremancj at gmail.com if you’re interested.  I’ll get back to you,
send you a link to some material I’ve produced, and answer any questions.  I’m
not shooting anytime soon.  But one step at a time, right?  Looking forward
to hearing from you.