[NEohioPAL] Acting For Film & TV Workshops

Maureen Dempsey fromstage2screen at yahoo.com
Mon Aug 16 18:05:12 PDT 2010

Maureen Dempsey’s One Day Workshops, Fall SeriesActing for Film and Television

Review Posted on NEOhioPAL...
"I attended Maureen Dempsey's Acting Workshop on Saturday May 8th. I took the
workshop as a director to gain some perspective on acting and how to help actors
do their best work in my films.
I learned so much more than that. Maureen is not only a talented actor, but also
a talented and nurturing teacher of the art and profession of acting.

She started with core information that actors, directors and writers really need
to know and be mindful of throughout the creative process. She then offered so
many wonderful tips and techniques and was so patient and helpful, I can't think
of many things that I would have better spent my $40 on.
FYI - no one asked me to put this out there. I hardly knew Maureen when I came
to this class. It's just that, as a director, I'd like to see more people from
classes like this coming to my auditions. We'd be making much better indie films
in this area."
Jennifer Overstreet
Thank you, Jennifer!

And it’s on the West Side!
A Series of 3, One Day Workshops
10amuntil about 4pm
$55 for One Workshop Or  $40 each if you sign up for all 3 and send your deposit
to hold your spot. ($20 deposit)
The class Number will be limited!

Each workshop will have a unique focus.  However, one will not require the
other.  Even though participating in all three will have several benefits, it is
not required.  Come to as many as you can.
September 18th, 2010

Ø  Focus on Scene Study
October 23rd, 2010

Ø  Focus will be Character Development
November 20th, 2010

Ø  Focus will be The Arc

Contact me ASAP to reserve your spot!  440-313-8326 or email me at
maureendempsey at yahoo.com
* This seminar is for 18 and over, unless otherwise arranged with Maureen, due
to potential mature content.
I will need you to send me a headshot and resume for experienced actors (any
picture for new actors).   If I know you, there is no need to send your info.

There will be a lunch break.  Feel free to bring something or there are several
places to go nearby.   This will be a working lunch. Come prepared to work.   I
will have scenes from TV and film and will match you up with scene partners from
the class.  For some of the work, scenes will be available ahead of time for you
to prepare.   There will be a couple of scenes to choose from.  I will send you
a link a couple weeks before the workshop.
Maureen is known for her practical, “get to the heart of it” approach to
acting.  After spending over 10 years working in the industry in Los Angeles,
Maureen brings her knowledge of the business and what Casting Directors,
Directors and Producers are looking for to Northeast Ohio.

Location of the Seminar:
Grace Church in Lakewood
Maureen Dempsey
www.maureendempsey.com