[NEohioPAL] Solo Writing Workshop: One space left!

smorton8 at aol.com smorton8 at aol.com
Wed Aug 18 14:50:00 PDT 2010

I have one space left in my solo writing workshop this September....info is below!

FALL WORKSHOP: WRITING FOR SOLO PERFORMANCE
Taught by award-winning playwright/performer Sarah Morton

Are you interested in writing a one-person show but think you can't, because you're " not a writer?" Are you a writer or performer, looking for
a new outlet? Or do you simply have a great story that you've always wanted to tell?

This 4 week workshop is for anyone who wants to try their hand at creating solo work. We will begin by moving through a series of improvisational exercises to
spark ideas for stories and characters.  Then we'll explore ways to get your discoveries down on paper and shape them into dynamic, 'actor-friendly' monologues.
Each student will leave the workshop with at least 2 short written pieces.  This class is GREAT for beginners, but all levels of experience are welcome!

* Workshop meets on 4 consecutive Tuesdays:
September 21st, September 28th,  October 5th, and October 12th from 6:30- 9 pm.
in Cleveland Heights.

* Students are expected to attend all 4 sessions. Class size is limited to 6 students. If interested, please register or inquire early.

Tuition:  $ 100 if registered by September 7th.
              $ 115  after September 7th.

To register, or for more information, please email your name and contact information to Sarah Morton at smorton8 at aol.com or call
(216) 534-7543.