[NEohioPAL] PRESS RELEASE: ENSEMBLE's "STAGE-WRIGHTS" FREE DRAMATIC WRITING WORKSHOP!

Ensemble Theatre info at ensemble-theatre.org
Thu Sep 9 20:21:38 PDT 2010

*PRESS RELEASE: FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE*
*FOR INFORMATION CONTACT:*
*216-321-2930 or email: info at ensemble-theatre.org*
*
*Ensemble Theatre* *presents* *"Stage-wrights" **FREE **Dramatic Writing
Workshop* given by *TYLER WHIIDDEN.  *

When you ask... Wednesdays from 7-9pm.  September 22 through November 10th,
2010.
Where might it be?.... Cleveland Hts./University Hts. Main Library: 2345 Lee
Rd. Cleveland Hts., OH 44118 in the Activity Center.

*Course Description:*
*"Over the course of eight two-hour sessions, we will study and work with
the short-play format.  We will experiment with the "rules" of theater and
examine a multitude of theatrical philosophies on our way to reaching within
ourselves to help create our stories. By the end, we will have the tools
necessary to continue towards independent theatrical expression. All this
will culminate in a staged reading of our work in the Brooks Theatre at The
Cleveland Play House and again in December at The Cleveland
Heights/University Hts. Main Library. You needn't have theatrical
experience, just the spirit to express yourself, the courage to face your
fears, and the desire to create."*

Age Group: High School Students and Older.

A little bit about TYLER....

*Tyler Whidden holds his BFA in Playwriting from Ohio University where he
studied under Charles Smith and Vincent Cardinal. He was worked as a
professional stand-up comedian across the U.S. and has worked with some of
most prominent theaters producing new work in the city of Chicago, including
Victory Gardens and The Neo-Futurists. He is currently working towards his
MFA in Creative Writing with a focus on playwriting from Goddard College. *

Space is limited so register today!

To register please call 216.321.2930 or email us at
info at ensemble-theatre.org

IT'S FREE so  WHY NOT.........JOIN US!!! And see the BEAUTIFUL new Cleveland
Hts./University Hts. Main Library.

We hope to see you there!

Ensemble Theatre Staff.

--
*"COME HOME TO **ENSEMBLE" *
*
*
*2010-2011 Season. *
*"DIVIDING THE ESTATE"*
* By Horton Foote*
* Directed by Sarah May*
* November 19th- December 12th*
* Brooks Theatre- The Cleveland Play House*
*
*
*"FREE MAN OF COLOR"*
* By Charles Smith*
* Directed by Tony Sias*
* February 10th- February 27th*
* Notre Dame College Performing Arts Center*
*
*
*"HUCK AND HOLDEN"*
* By Rajiv Joseph*
* Directed by Celeste Cosentino*
* May 6th- May 29th*
* Studio One Theatre- The Cleveland Play House*
*
*
*
*