[NEohioPAL] OT: Help with a Charity Campaign at CWRU

Jess Rudolph jrr10 at case.edu
Fri Sep 17 13:20:15 PDT 2010

Good afternoon!

Though usually I post here about my *commedia dell'arte* troupe, today is
something different. I work for Case Western Reserve University. This year,
I've been asked again to coordinate my school's contributions to the
University-wide Charity Choice
<http://www.case.edu/charitychoice/>campaign. It's a program to
encourage staff and faculty at CWRU to donate to
501(c)(3) non-profits of their choice - so first off, don't worry; I'm not
asking any of you to donate to the campaign, heh.

My school, the Mandel School for the Applied Social Sciences, has a
tradition of having a kick-off event. To encourage staff to sign up, we hold
a raffle (a ticket for signing up) for various items we can get donated,
often including tickets to concerts, sporting events, and sometimes gift
cards for stores or items. Well, last year I did a big push to add tickets
to theatrical performances to the pool, as that's my primary area of
interest and I want to encourage those I work with to check out local
theatre.

I am compiling my own list of whom to contact but I also thought I could do
a broadcast appeal to members of the local arts community. Perhaps some of
your organizations have tickets or vouchers for various Cleveland area
events you'd be willing to donate. Or possibly offer suggestions who I can
speak to, especially if you have some direct contact info.

I'll also be encouraging my fellow staff members to think about the local
arts when making their contributions to the Charity Choice campaign.

Please feel free to ask me any questions and thank you!

--Jess

Jess Rudolph
Secretary III, Administrative Assistance, Center on Urban Poverty and
Community Development
Web Content Assistant, Admissions and Recruitment, Mandel School of Applied
Social Sciences

Phone: 216-368-3801
Fax: 216-368-5158

E-mail: jessie.rudolph at case.edu
Web: http://povertycenter.case.edu
Web: http://msass.case.edu/

Center on Urban Poverty and Community Development
Mandel School of Applied Social Sciences
Case Western Reserve University
10900 Euclid Ave. Mail Stop 7164
Cleveland, Ohio 44106-7164