[NEohioPAL] Reminder: Sep 24th : Dreams can come true for Independent Filmmakers and Artists @ PechaKucha Night Cleveland

Johnny Wu johnny at mdifilm.com
Tue Sep 21 12:54:26 PDT 2010

Hey everyone, this is just a reminder, I am going to be one of the
presenters on Friday, September 24th starting at 8:20pm on the PechKucha
Night Volume 9 - which helps kick off the weekend long 2010 Ingenuity
Festival over at the Detroit/Superior Bridge area. My topic would relate to
most of you :  Dreams can come true for Independent Filmmakers!

PechaKucha Night was devised in Tokyo in February 2003 as an event for young
designers to meet, network, and show their work in public. It has turned
into a massive celebration, with events happening in hundreds of cities
around the world, inspiring creatives worldwide. Drawing its name from the
Japanese term for the sound of "chit chat", it rests on a presentation
format that is based on a simple idea: 20 images x 20 seconds. It's a format
that makes presentations concise, and keeps things moving at a rapid pace.

One of the main entrances, and location of PechaKucha Night Cleveland, is
located in the Northeastern parking lot at the Cuyahoga County Engineers
Office (on the Superior Viaduct "across" from SPACES Gallery).  There is no
cost!

While presentations do not start until 8:20pm, they encourage you to show up
at least an hour early to experience all that the 3112 foot long bridge,
built in 1918, has to offer. 14 local creatives will present their work,
ideas, and obsessions in a series of short presentations on art, fashion,
food, architecture, film, furniture, music, and photography. Space will be
tight so be sure to come early and enjoy a few beverages prior to being
inspired, influenced, confused, provoked, and probably slightly intoxicated
by the wonderfully variegated topic mix.

So please come and support the artists and listen to me talk with my speedy
Gonzales presentation (with my Spanish kicking in) so to confuse you more
with 20 seconds for each slide. :) So come be my fans and join me there (or
come to make fun of me) :) For more information and a list of presenters,
please visit: http://www.pecha-kucha.org/night/cleveland

Cost:           Free

WHO:             Open to Public

WHAT:           PechaKucha Night - Volume 9

WHERE:        Subway Tunnels of the Detroit Superior Bridge,

2834 Superior Viaduct, Cleveland, Ohio

                         (Event is rain or shine and completely under cover)

WHEN:          Friday, September 24, 2010

Doors Open @ 7:00pm

Presentations Begin: 8:20pm

Beverage Break: 9:10pm

Presentations Resume: 9:40pm

Presentations End: 10:30pm(ish)

After Party Immediately After PechaKucha -  Location To Be Announced

NOTE: The Entrance to Ingenuity Fest 2010 that will be nearest PechaKucha is
the Western entrance adjacent to the entrance to the Cuyahoga County
Engineers Offices. The approximate address for the entrance is 2834 Superior
Viaduct, Cleveland, Ohio.   Seating for PKN will open around 7pm. The
presentations will start promptly at 8:20pm.  We suggest arriving no later
than 7:30pm to ensure you can find parking and get to the bridge in time.
PechaKucha Night Cleveland - Volume 9 is FREE, open to the public, and a
cash bar will be available throughout the entire evening.

 Feel free to tell others about this event :)

Johnny Wu

216.539.4634

Producer/Director/Editor/Wire-Stunt

www.mdifilm.com

www.rapturethemovie.com

www.thegummingzombie.com

More reels at www.vimeo.com/mdifilm

President

OCA-Cleveland Chapter

"Embracing the Hopes and Aspirations of Asian Pacific  Americans"

OCA Image TV Magazine on TV20 & iTunes

www.ocagc.org

Co-Chair Executive Committee

Cleveland Asian Festival