[NEohioPAL] See What our Students are Saying!

Jessica Houde houdeschoolofacting at yahoo.com
Fri Sep 24 10:45:24 PDT 2010

Houde School of Acting Classes
 " When I started at Jessica's Houde School of Acting, i was the most
Over-dramatic-tized actress. But she helped me become more realistic in my
acting.  I feel more confident infront of people when I act!  I also believe we
are all family, and Jessica is the mom of all of us:).  We have all grown in our
acting, and improvements has been many."

Amanda Marotta, teen student

"Ever since starting classes at the Houde School of Acting, I have gained a few
really good friends and industry contacts, enhanced my public speaking ability,
am able to express myself much better and am represented by a well-known local
agency through which I have obtained rewarding acting jobs; not bad for a very
affordable and convenient acting school run by a highly competent and connected
acting teacher".     ----Paul.

"When I started the Houde School of Acting I thought acting was just memorizing
lines, but then Jessica showed me there was more to it.  She showed me that
acting is having fun, being creative, and adding behavior.  Also I want to say
that I love the Houde School and that Jessica is a great teacher.  She has also
taught me that acting is something i wanna keep doing for the rest of my life.
Julie Suslik, teen student

The Houde School of Acting has become a second home for me.  Jessica has done so
much for me I can not thank her enough.  Not only has her teaching given me the
tools I need to become a great actress, but also to become a success in any
field I pursue.  This class has helped me find myself.  I have gained so much
confidence, and, friends.  I have learned to take risks and make strong choices,
not only in my acting, but my life.  Anyone thinking of joining this class, be
warned it is life changing!  In summary, I love this class, the people in it,
and, most importantly my awesome acting coach, Jessica.

 Sarah M. Yonkof,  Houde School of Acting student

"I started taking classes to further my acting abilities because I'm constantly
working on independent films around here with groups like Big Jones Productions,
Little Beth, Two Martinis, One Star, VMCAD, commercials with Talent Group
clients, and occasionally theatre at Bang and Clatter.  I'm an ad account
manager/business owner by day so things like measurable/tangible results are
important to me without really knowing what classes would do in such a
subjective medium as acting, but after reading that all the working actors in LA
are constantly in class when not working even though many are already great (but
want to keep their skills sharp), I decided to do it anyway.

Well,  I'm quite happy to say that based on the fact that I've been able to see
most of the films I worked on before I started classes,  several I made right
when I started class and was learning the Meisner technique, and then those that
I've recently worked on after about 10 months in class,  I do indeed have the
tangible results I was looking for/wasn't sure I'd see and I (and others) can
literally see myself having improved over the last year, with a definite
exponential growth in ability in the past 5 months or so.  If you're an actor
around here that's also always working on films (and I know quite a few of you),
I'd sincerely suggest you come check out the school and literally SEE the
results for yourself; I've been told they're impressive."

Mike Goulis

 I came into Jessica's class a complete mess, more then usual, my 17 year old
life was in shambles. I had recently lost all my academic confidence as well as
all my confidence on stage. I walked into class on a rainy August day wearing a
pair of purple sweat pants, foolishly expecting to learn everything in those 2
free hours. As the class began Jessica asked if anyone had auditions or
announcements as she often does; most the class raised their hands. Suddenly, my
ears perked up and I thought 'Hey there's something here'.

After nine months of class, I'm still in wonder at all that I've learned. Before
I became a pupil at the Houde School of Acting I can honestly say I didn't know
what good acting looked like-- honestly I wasn't even looking to find out. I've
learned so much from Jessica and my fellow Houde scholars, not only about
acting, but about myself. The privilege of attending the Houde School has made
me, not only, considerably less of a mess, but acutely aware of the thing you
need to know to succeed in any area of your life: yourself.

Giorgiana Lascu
Student (17)

We know how anything good concerning acting means personally to "the actor". Now
for the "testy". I told myself I wouldn't make the move to NY unless I honestly
felt I had something to offer. After a year with Jessica she allowed me to
honestly feel I had just that, be helping reveal my "honesty" and "truth". What
Jessica is offering to "the actor" in Cleveland, is simply gold, but doesn't
cost near as much. A blessing, it might actually help save you, in so many ways;
it did for me. I have recently made the move to NY, and the mirror image of what
you get out here Jessica gives you in Cleveland for a third of the cost. I
recently audited the "Ted Bardy Studio" (Meisner based) here in NY and was
allowed to participate in "repetition". The feed back I received from
the instructor confirmed Jessica's prestige. I was told, "you are right on, yup,
yup, you are the best student I have ever seen here coming from another school,
you had a 'great' teacher."
Channing Jackson

"I have only been attending the Houde School of acting for a month and I
have already have learned so much from Jessica.... It is just a wonderful place
to be apart of." ~Beginner Student, Antonia Villalon.

"hey Jessica. Thank you so much. I really enjoyed class, and i am thrilled that
you were able to identify my fatal flaw right away and nail it so perfectly. I
have been struggling with that for years and it's SO frustrating. I feel like if
I can finally fix it I can really reach all of my potential. I'm so excited to
work on it. Thank you!" Sarah Edwards

 Adult Class Schedule
Mon 12:30-2pm and 7-9:30pm
Wed 7-9pm (audition technique class)
Thur 7-9:30pm
Sat 11-1pm

Pre-teen class
Mon 4:30-6pm
Sat 2:30-4pm
Sat 4-5:30pm advanced class

Our adult Meisner Acting classis based on the Meisner technique of "living
truthfully under imaginary circumstances."  Students go through a series of
improv exercises that are designed to teach them how to work off their partner,
stay in the moment and out of their head.  Along with Meisner's improv
exercises, students work on monologues, audition technique and emotional
preparation to expand their craft.  This class is opened to beginner to advanced
student as we find combining all actors in one class offers confidence,
inspiration and a good way for students to share their take on the Meisner
technique and the Cleveland acting scene.

Houde School of Acting offers your first class FREE.
To register please contact:

houdeschoolofacting at yahoo.com www.houdeschoolofacting.org