[NEohioPAL] Coffeehouse Poetry Reading with Gail Bellamy

Judith Higbee ajhigbee at gmail.com
Sat Sep 25 06:04:29 PDT 2010

Church of the Saviour (United Methodist)

2537 Lee Road   Cleveland, Ohio 44118

(216) 321-8880   Fax (216) 321-3019

www.chsaviour.org

* *

**

*POET LAUREATE GAIL BELLAMY TO APPEAR AT OCTOBER COFFEEHOUSE*

* *

*Cleveland**, Ohio** – September 15, 2010:*   The Writers' Guild of Arts In
The Cathedral is pleased to announce that Gail Bellamy, our own Cleveland
Heights Poet Laureate, will appear at Church of the Saviour on Friday,
October 1 at 7:00 p.m. for a coffee house poetry reading. There will also be
an open mike session for folks to share their poetry with us. So dust off
your fountain pens or laptops and let the muse speak! We look forward to
hearing from our talented friends and neighbors. This event is free and open
to the public. Coffee and desserts will be available.

Bellamy's wide-ranging interests and talents are on display in her
detail-rich poems, which combine a poet's startling metaphors and
associative leaps with a journalist's deadly accurate, and often very funny,
observations. "I love all kinds of writing," Bellamy says, "poetry,
journalism, fiction and memoir, but poetry has always been my first love."

As Executive Editor of *Restaurant Hospitality magazine*, Bellamy also
writes about food and beverage and has interviewed chefs, mixologists and
restaurant owners all over the world. She is the author of *Cleveland Food
Memories* (Gray & Co.), *Design Spirits* (St. Martin's Press) and the poetry
chapbook, *Victual Reality* (Pudding House Publications). Her chapbook
*Traveler's
Salad* is forthcoming from Pudding House.

Church of the Saviour is a United Methodist congregation located at 2537 Lee
Road in Cleveland Heights, one block North of Fairmount Blvd. The church is
handicapped-accessible and has free parking.  Arts In The Cathedral is in
its 15th season of providing cultural events and classes for the greater
Cleveland community.

--
Judith Higbee
Church of the Saviour