[NEohioPAL] CPT's opens 2010-2011 season with The Book of Grace this Saturday, 10/2

Amy Bistok ABistok at cptonline.org
Tue Sep 28 13:50:27 PDT 2010

CPT is proud to open our 2010-2011 Season with The Book of Grace, by Pulitzer Prize-winning playwright Suzan-Lori Parks. The Book of Grace is a story of love and longing, passion and ambition and the possibilities of grace and goodness. Onstage in the James Levin Theatre from September 30 - October 16 (Paid previews on September 30 and October 1; Opening night on Saturday, October 2).

Two men in conflict, Buddy who fought in Iraq and Vet, his estranged father (a veteran of Desert Storm now a border patrolman) share dark secrets. When Vet's oppressed wife Grace enters the picture things get more complicated. As Vet prepares to receive a special accommodation for arresting criminals crossing the border, Buddy is planning vengeance...

The original production at New York Public Theatre in the spring of 2010 was lauded as great "visceral theatre...with fresh insights, startling images, fiery speeches, and moments of genuine passion."

This is the second professional production of The Book of Grace ever produced in the U.S.--don't miss our powerful ensemble in this stunning Midwest Premiere.  Directed by Sheffia Randall Dooley. Featuring Sally Groth*, Charles Kartali* and Rod Lawrence.
Join us for our opening and stay for the complimentary post-show reception! Reserve tickets at 216-631-2727 or visit http://www.cptonline.org/ .
*Member of Actors' Equity Association