[NEohioPAL] Auditions TONITE for NEOhio Premiere reading of Harvey Milk docudrama "Dear Harvey" at First Grace Arts

JT Buck jtbuck at hotmail.com
Tue Oct 5 08:50:24 PDT 2010

Announcing Open Auditions for..."Dear Harvey"by Patricia LougheryDirected by Jason MaurerAuditions:  Tuesday, October 5th @ 7PMLocation:First Grace UCC350 S. Portage Path (at W. Exchange St.) in AkronCast:4 Women (ages 20's to 50's), 3 Men (ages 18-60's)Preparation:Please RSVP to jtbuck at hotmail.com or call 330-212-6709 to let us know you are coming!Actors may prepare one contemporary dramatic monologue AND/OR read from the script. Please bring a short resume/bio and a list of potential schedule conflicts during the months of October and November.  This is a staged reading.  Rehearsals will be held on the evenings of November 27, 28, 29, 30.  A few earlier rehearsals may be called and will be arranged after auditions.  Performance:  World AIDS Day, Wednesday, December 1st, at 7:30PMAt First Grace UCCQuestions?  Please contact the director, Jason Maurer at maurerj31 at gmail.comAbout the Play:These stories about Harvey Milk are from the people he knew and the lives he changed,” said playwright Loughrey.  “I’ve had the remarkable privilege of talking with people close to him, and it’s exciting to be able to share these intimate, sometimes surprising, stories with our community. We lost Harvey too soon, but in these stories, we get to hear the impact of his love and courage.”  The play is based on interviews with California State Assemblymember Tom Ammiano, former San Diego City Councilmember Toni Atkins, Jackie Grover, AIDS Quilt founder Cleve Jones, California State Senator Christine Kehoe, former Harvey Milk campaign manager Anne Kronenberg, former California State Assemblymember John Laird, newphew Stuart Milk, activist Nicole Murray-Ramirez, photographer Daniel Nicoletta, Mary Stockton, activist Robin Tyler, Dottie Wine and others. Loughrey has also secured permission to use many photos by San Francisco LGBT photographer Daniel Nicoletta. JT Buck Arts Director First Grace United Church of Christ 350 S. Portage Path Akron, OH 44320 Office: 330-762-8469 Cel: 330-212-6709 jtbuck at ameritech.net www.firstgraceucc.org

jtbuck at ameritech.net

www.firstgraceucc.org