[NEohioPAL] TrueNorth Announces The Return Of The Noontime Concert Series

TrueNorth Cultural Arts truenorthculturalarts at gmail.com
Wed Oct 6 18:00:53 PDT 2010

10/06/2010
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
CONTACT: Bob Sammon
440-785-7200
Rick Fortney
rafortney at oh.rr.com
Jim Schafer
jim at jschafer.com

Jim Schafer Opens Noon Concert Season
French Creek Nature Center Hosts Second Season of Live Music

SHEFFIELD LAKE, OHIO – TrueNorth Cultural Arts, in collaboration with Lorain
Metroparks,
will once again present free concerts at Noon on the third Friday of each
month at TrueNorth at
French Creek. According to Rick Fortney, director of TrueNorth , “Last
year’s concerts were well
received and attended and we are looking forward to an even bigger turnout
this year.”

The first show of the nine-month season will feature Lakewood
singer/songwriter and recording
artist, Jim Schafer. A native of the Cleveland area, Mr. Schafer brings his
unique blend of
original songs and classic folk and country tunes to every performance. With
a history of
appearances in folk clubs, concert venues, radio and TV programs and area
wineries, Jim has
been entertaining audiences throughout the region for many years. His most
recent CD, Tell A
Friend, is currently airing on Cleveland area radio stations and will be
available for sale at the
Noon concert.

Since Jim’s show as the season opener last year, he has appeared as a
featured act at the
Avon Lake July 4th Arts Festival and has been a headliner at the French
Creek open mic night.
He continues his commitment to bringing acoustic music to Lorain County
audiences as he
takes the stage at Noon on October15th at French Creek’s Distance Learning
Center.

Bob Sammon, host of the Noon concert series, says, “I’ve worked with Jim for
the past couple
of years and I can’t recommend his shows highly enough. Between the
professional care for the
music, the commitment to entertainment and the spot-on song selection, Jim
is one of the best
acts this season will offer.”

“Several of the acts we presented last year will be back,” Sammon says, “and
we’re excited to
be able to present some new faces to Lorain County over the next few months.
In addition,”
Sammon continued, “this year we will be offering box lunches at $6 for
adults and $3.50 for kids
as part of the Noon Concert Series.

TrueNorth at French Creek is located at 4530 Colorado Avenue in Sheffield
Lake. For more
information or directions you can reach them at (440) 949-5200.