[NEohioPAL] Dobama Theatre's DEAD MAN'S CELL PHONE opens October 29th!

Julie Friedman jfriedman at dobama.org
Thu Oct 14 14:31:40 PDT 2010

DEAD MAN'S CELL PHONE

By Sarah Ruhl

Opening October 29 at Dobama Theatre

Directed by Scott Miller

An incessantly ringing cell phone in a quiet cafe.  A stranger at the next
table who has had enough.  And a dead man-with a lot of loose ends.  So
begins DEAD MAN'S CELL PHONE, a wildly imaginative new comedy by MacArthur
"Genius" Grant recipient and Pulitzer Prize finalist, Sarah Ruhl, author of
THE CLEAN HOUSE and EURYDICE.  A work about how we memorialize the dead-and
how that remembering changes us-it is the odyssey of a woman forced to
confront her own assumptions about morality, redemption, and the need to
connect in a technologically obsessed world.

"Ruhl's zany probe of the razor-thin line between life and death delivers a
fresh and humorous look at the times we live in."

 - Variety

Read an interview with Sarah Ruhl about DEAD MAN'S CELL PHONE:

http://dobama.org/~dobama/site/?page_id=436

Join us for Opening Nite and enjoy a wine/cheese reception.

For tickets and information:

 <http://www.dobama.org> www.dobama.org

(216) 932-3396

Dobama Theatre