[NEohioPAL] FilmFest 2380 Press Release

Christopher Flash Johnson flashtopher at gmail.com
Fri Oct 22 07:49:57 PDT 2010

Not sure if you wanted this in the message or in the attachment.  We would
prefer to use the attachment file if possible.  Also, we would like this to
recur weekly until January 31st.  Is it possible for you to do that
automatically or should we resubmit the file once a week?  Thank you very
much.

FilmFest 2380

Kolbe Hall 110; The University of Akron; Akron, OH 44325-1003

*Subject*: FilmFest 2380 at The University of Akron

*When:* March 4th, 5th and 6th, 2011

*Where:* The University of Akron Student Union Gardner Theater

*Contact: *Frank Papa III, (330) 612-0402 or frankpapaiii at gmail.com

*               *Flash Johnson, (330) 354-3874 or flashtopher at gmail.com

* * or Ben Sliwa at (216) 526-4309 or by e-mail at Bensliwa at yahoo.com

FilmFest 2380 is back for its sixth year and will take place on March 4th,
5th, and 6th at the University of Akron Student Union Gardner Theatre. The
festival is sponsored by the University of Akron student and alumni
organization, The 2380 Project.  The organization was named for the distance
between Hollywood, California and The University of Akron.

The 2380 Project Film Festival previously ran in 2006 and 2007 as the Akron
Independent Film and Video Festival. After some festival reorganization and
a slight name change we are back with new movies from Ohio filmmakers. This
is our 3rd presentation of FilmFest 2380.  It is an opportunity for students
and residents to view unique and interesting artwork from regional and out
of state filmmakers.

The opening night of the festival will begin with the premiere of The 2380
Project’s new film *The Sound of Rockets* a feature-length action/drama
written and directed by Frank Papa III.   On Saturday, there will be
survival/horror costume contest and a free screening of *The Feast* (subject
to change).

Submissions will be accepted until January 31, 2011.  The final festival
schedule will be posted on the web site shortly thereafter.  Posters are
available for The Festival.  If you require them or would like copies for
advertising or promoting, please contact Frank Papa III or Flash Johnson at
the e-mails provided.

For all films submitted before December 15th there is no fee. From December
16st on, for Ohio graduate and undergraduate students there is a $10
submission fee for a feature length film, and $5 for all short films.  For
non-students, the fee is $15.

If you have any questions, please contact Frank Papa III at
frankpapaiii at gmail.com or Flash Johnson at flashtopher at gmail.com.

The 2380 Project Film Festival at The University of Akron
                                      http://www.myspace.com/2380project