[NEohioPAL] Richard Rogers as he was meant to be heard

Brian Del Bianco ilbasso at hotmail.com
Tue Nov 2 05:08:33 PDT 2010

8:00 pm Saturday November 13 at the Akron Civic Theater

The Akron Symphony presents "A GRAND NIGHT: THE MUSIC OF RICHARD ROGERS"

Christopher Wilkins, conductor
Firestone High School Symphonic Choir; Sally Schneider, director

Richard Rogers' greatest hits with the FULL ORCHESTRATION as they were meant to be played.  No synthesized strings or piano reductions here-all the real thing.

With a career that spanned over six decades, no single composer had greater impact on the world of musical theatre and American popular song (think: My Funny Valentine) than Richard Rodgers. Come and celebrate this Broadway legend as the Akron Symphony and a host of vocal talent of all ages present familiar tunes from The Sound of Music, Carousel, The King and I, Oklahoma, South Pacific, and more with guest vocalists: Helen Welch, Jared Leal, Candice Hoyes, William Marshall, and Carla Davis.

Administrative and Ticket Offices:
17 N. Broadway
Akron, OH 44308
Tel: 330-535-8131 | Fax: 330-535-7302

CONCERT SPONSOR:
Akron Symphony Guild
GUEST ARTIST SPONSORS:
ChemSpec Ltd.
Harwick Standard Distribution Corporation
MEDIA PARTNERS:
The Summit 91.3 FM WAPS
Akron Life & Leisure Magazine
ADDITIONAL SUPPORT:
H.B. Chemical Corporation
Polymer Valley Chemicals & Minerals, Inc.
Western Reserve Chemical Corporation
The Ohio Arts Council