[NEohioPAL] The Complete Metropolis, 11/6 @ CMA

Performing Arts Temp matemp at clevelandart.org
Wed Nov 3 11:14:15 PDT 2010

The Complete Metropolis
Saturday, November 6, 2010
1:30pm
Lecture Hall
 Directed by Fritz Lang
 Our biggest hit from this past spring returns! Fritz Lang's silent sci-fi spectacle, about a gleaming futuristic city threatened by a robot-led workers' revolt, has been newly restored to close to its original length with the addition of 25 minutes of previously lost footage.  The end result is that Lang's visionary humanistic epic is richer, more thrilling, and more comprehensible than any previous version.
 Includes a new recording of the film's original orchestral score.
Germany, 1927/2010, B & W, subtitles, Blu-Ray, 150 minutes.
 Admission is $9; CMA members, seniors 65 & over, and students $7; or one CMA Film Series voucher. Vouchers, in books of ten, can be purchased at the Ticket Center for $70 (CMA members $60).
 For more information, visit the official website of the film below:
http://www.kino.com/metropolis/<https://mail02.clevelandart.org/owa/redir.aspx?C=55d6291e19b44deda56909c75e7fb5be&URL=http%3a%2f%2fwww.kino.com%2fmetropolis%2f>
 We look forward to seeing you at the performance.

Department of Performing Arts, Music and Film
The Cleveland Museum of Art
11150 East Boulevard
Cleveland, Ohio 44106
216.421.2282