[NEohioPAL] Workshop Players Auditions: "To Forgive Divine" by Jack Neary

Workshop Players wspamherst at gmail.com
Wed Nov 10 09:15:18 PST 2010

Auditions for Jack Neary’s “To Forgive, Divine” will be held Sunday,
November 21 at 7:00 p.m. and Monday, November 22 at 7:00 p.m. at the
theater.

 Director Virginia Waratinsky will cast three women, one early to mid 30’s,
one teenager, and one 40-60 and two men early to mid 30’s.

 For additional information contact Virginia at 440-277-1194 or
vwaratin at lorainccc.edu

 Performance dates: February 3 - 20, 2011.

 THE STORY:

The handsome young parish priest has known Katie since their school days and
has been seeing quite a lot of this pretty, young parishioner lately. The
gossipy housekeeper and her romantically minded niece, have kept all
informed of each bit of possibly damaging grist for the rumor mill. The
situation seems ripe for trouble: Katie is suffocating in her marriage to
Ralph, a former high school football star; and Father Dolan is suffering one
of the identity crises that always beset him after he has seen a Woody Allen
movie—gnawing doubts about "Who am I, and what am I doing here?"

When Father Dolan dances with Katie at a reunion dance of the CYO Marching
Band a funny-serious confrontation occurs with Katie's incensed husband. The
conclusion is touching and bittersweet and it is clear that all concerned
have gained, amid the general hilarity, a good bit of self-knowledge to help
them weather future "disturbances" whether romantic or religious.

 Workshop Players Theatre-in-the-Round is located at 44820 Middle Ridge Road
in Amherst, and our mezzanine area is wheelchair accessible. Check out our
website at www.workshopplayers.com.

--
"If all the world's a stage, I want better lighting!"