[NEohioPAL] CD RELEASE PARTY with Alison Garrigan and Dennis Yurich

Dennis Yurich vanitycrash at vanitycrash.com
Thu Nov 11 10:53:46 PST 2010

Vampire's Kiss Resurrects Memories for Queue Up Fans

New Releases, Rarities, B-Sides and Live Cuts See the Light of Day

A whole bloody body of Queue Up material has been dug up and compiled onto a new CD called Vampire’s Kiss. Inspired by the b-side track of the same name, the disk contains studio works and performances long gone, but not forgotten. Many of the tracks date back to the mid 1990s when Queue up was touring throughout the midwest.

The CD contains everything from studio demos to tracks from the stage play “The Vampyres” to classic live performances. To add to the mix are two tracks from the recently revived Queue Up line-up featuring guitarist Dennis Yurich and vocalist Ali Garrigan - a live version of Bauhaus’ "Spirit" and an unplugged version of Souixie and the Banshees’ "Cities in Dust." The two founding members of Queue-Up bring on a newer, leaner, more visceral incarnation of the darkly enigmatic, Gothic/Industrial band of 15 years ago.

Queue Up will hold an awsome CD release party Saturday, November 20 at a lovely private club, the Center for Rock Research and it's BYOBeverage, so you don't have to mess with ridiculous drink prices. We will be joined for the evening by ARROGANT REX and MORTICIA'S CHAIR, as well as several other surprise guests who will be coming up onstage with us (here's a hint as to one of them--DIAMOND DOGS!!) We'd love it if you could join us! Here's the scoop:

Early Show!!! Doors at 7:30 p.m.

Queue Up CD Release Party
Saturday, November 20th
Center for Rock Research - http://www.centerforrockresearch.com/
1761 E. 39th St. (off of Payne)
(only MINUTES from downtown, and easily accessible from both the east and west sides)
Cover $5
Doors open 7:30PM

ARROGANT REX starts the night at 8:00 PM - http://www.arrogantrex.com
QUEUE UP takes the stage at 8:50 PM - http://www.queue-up.com
MORTICIA'S CHAIR takes the stage at 10:00 PM - http://www.morticiaschair.com/

ALL AGES!!!
BYOB!

Feel free to bring friends--we want to party with ALL of our friends (and all of our friends' friends!)

In the 1990's Queue Up was a musical force to be reckoned with. With its dark lyrics, emotionally disturbed imagery, slinky horror-struck guitars, sultry vocals and over-the-top stage theatrics, it was one of the strongest draws around. In 1995, Queue-Up's debut CD "Possession" received critical acclaim and plenty of college radio across the US and even in Europe, China, Mexico and Columbia. The band was invited the band to play a festival in Bogata but the trip was cost prohibitive. The CD also earned Queue-Up a slot at Lollapalooza that same year. The band's run was cut short due to Garrigan's unforeseen health issues.

Two years ago Garrigan and Yurich reunited and have since been up and running strong, as a two piece or at times, with drummer Jason Giaco and bassist Brian Hager.

http://www.myspace.com/QueueUpUSA
http://www.CdBaby.com/QueueUp
http://www.youtube.com/QueueUpUSA