[NEohioPAL] "Mad Words: the Art of Kyōgen" - Saturday, November 13 - Anime Marathon at CWRU

Jess Rudolph jrr10 at case.edu
Fri Nov 12 12:19:40 PST 2010

The Confused Greenies <http://filer.case.edu/org/commedia/>
presents a Patchwork Players Production

*Mad Words: the Art of
Kyōgen*<http://filer.case.edu/org/commedia/plays/2010-11-13_Mad-Words.html>
*Saturday, November 13 · 8:40pm
japan CASE's Fall Anime Marathon <http://japanconnection.org/>
Nord Hall 410 <http://wiki.case.edu/Nord_Hall> · Case Western Reserve
University <http://www.cwru.edu/>*

Come laugh at the hilarity of our fifth production of *Mad Words: the Art of
Kyōgen* <http://filer.case.edu/org/commedia/plays/2010-11-13_Mad-Words.html>,
improvisational comedy inspired by the style of classic Japanese farce
updated with modern humor for an audience of anime fans! We have six short
plays (in eight parts) filled with foolish servants, pompous masters,
boastful warriors, cowardly bandits, bickering couples, clueless demons, and
maybe even a mushroom!

The entertainment will begin at *8:40pm* as part of the *Fall Anime Marathon
* of *japan CASE* <http://japanconnection.org/>, the Japanese cultural and
entertainment club at Case Western Reserve University in Cleveland. Come
early for a Japanese dinner served by japanCASE. Marathon itself is a full
26 hours this time, running from 3:00pm Saturday until 5:00pm on Sunday with
hours of anime, cultural panels, games, contests, food and much more. Entry
to both our performance and the entire Marathon is free and open to the
public.

CWRU is located at 10900 Euclid Avenue, Cleveland, OH 44106 and Nord Hall is
on the Main Quad. Parking after 6:00pm is free in the lot behind the Quad
off of MLK Blvd between Cedar/Carnie and Euclid Ave.

And come back on Sunday at 1:20pm as The Confused Greenies bring an improv
game show traditional from anime conventions to Marathon: *Whose Line Is It
Anime?*

Directed by: Martha Sicking & Greg Tongue
Starring: Julie Beckers, Mike Brown, Paula Carver, Marshall Hughes, Megan
Matthews, Chuck Minch, Jess Rudolph, Martha Sicking, Ahlia Szymanski, and
Greg Tongue.

http://filer.case.edu/org/commedia/plays/2010-11-13_Mad-Words.html

http://japanconnection.org/

http://www.case.edu/maps/ (click Nord Hall and Lot 1A on the alphabetical
right-bar list to highlight the location and parking)