[NEohioPAL] Near West's WILLY WONKA opens FRIDAY!

Sara Radak sradak at nearwesttheatre.org
Tue Nov 16 12:23:23 PST 2010

Roald Dahl's Willy Wonka opens November 19!

Music and lyrics by Leslie Bricusse and Anthony Newley
Adapted for the stage by Leslie Bricusse and Tim McDonald
Based on the book Charlie and the Chocolate Factory by Roald Dahl

November 19, 20, 21, 26, 27, 28,

December 2*, 3, 4 & 5

Thurs., Fri. & Sat. performances @ 7:30pm
Sunday performance @ 3:00pm

*= December 2 is a signed performance by The Heard.

(Late arrivals will have approximately a 15 minute wait to be seated.)

TICKETS:
 Adults: $8    Children (12 & under): $6  Star Seat Tickets: $20
(Star Seat tickets help Near West Theatre keep theatre affordable for
all our patrons.  Includes a concession coupon!)

Purchase Tickets:

In Advance, call Near West Box Office, 216-961-9750

or purchase online at www.nearwesttheatre.org
<http://r20.rs6.net/tn.jsp?llr=mzwrlkdab&et=1103909371541&s=907&e=001Avd
bKfikk-9I_JazFSX9IOTwr4W-a2R2i6HwijghW19JMWSp6O5T5uUqZ1LCcWBU6ulVAClOHSt
mKpbm2fnAmrrOkl2Ols2aFLJzakyWfEAzsYkTpgYmCKrl-6-VWvKa>

Day of Performances, visit Theatre Box Office one hour before curtain
time.

(All tickets must be paid for when placing a reservation and will be
held at the door.  All sales are final. Credit card, check and cash
accepted.)

Performance Location: St. Patrick's Club Building

3606 Bridge Ave., 3rd Floor* (Ohio City)

* = Currently, our 3rd floor location is not accessible to individuals
in wheelchairs or those who have difficulty with stairs.

Roald Dahl's timeless cautionary indictment of greed, the story of the
world-famous candy man and his quest to find an heir comes to life in
this musical stage adaptation of Charlie and The Chocolate Factory. Join
the cast of 40 children, teens and adults as Near West's
theatre-in-the-round experience engulfs you in the sights and sounds of
Willy Wonka's wacky world.  Dancing candy, futuristic oompa loompas and
a chocolate river of bubbles and steam are sure to delight audiences
both young and old alike.

One evening, the village paper's headline states that Wonka is holding a
contest, in which five Golden Tickets are hidden under the wrappers of
his candy bars. The contest becomes a worldwide mania, with people
resorting to increasingly desperate and unscrupulous measures, to find
the tickets. The first four are found by four hard-to-like children: the
gluttonous Augusta Gloop, spoiled Veruco Salt, gum-addicted Violet
Beauregarde, and television-obsessed Mike Teavee. Our hero, Charlie, one
cold night in the snow, magically, finds the 5th! This tale is a frothy,
thoughtful blend of scary and fun for children and adults.

Features hit songs including "Pure Imagination" and "The Candy Man"
along with new favorites that are sure to get audiences dancing in their
seats.

Near West Theatre is an open and affirming organization.