[NEohioPAL] SPACES Exhibitions Open November 19!

Martha Loughridge mloughridge at spacesgallery.org
Tue Nov 16 14:34:30 PST 2010

Having trouble viewing this email? Click here!

Image: Nandipha Mntambo, Praca de Touros II (detail), 2008, archival pigment ink on cotton rag paper, 112 x 163cm, Courtesy of the artist and Michael Stevenson.

EXHIBITIONS OPENING FRIDAY, NOVEMBER 19
Opening reception for all exhibitions: Friday, November 19, 6:00 – 9:00 p.m.
Exhibitions on view through January 21, 2011

We have not three, but four exhibitions opening Friday, November 19th:
Nandipha Mntambo (R&D and SWAP) from South Africa will be exhibiting the paintings she has created over the last four months as our artist-in-residence sponsored by the Cleveland Foundation's Creative Fusion initiative. Her work uses bull mythology imagery to explore themes of human's relationship to nature.
Jerzy Goliszewski (SWAP) from Poland is very interested in how design and architecture reveal select things about individuals while obscuring others. He has been delving into local housing architecture and car culture. Come see what he has to offer.
Chris Kulcsar's (SPACELab) project invites visitors to create their own sound work using cassette loops available and playing in the gallery.
As an added holiday treat, SPACES has organized Get Stuffed, an exhibition of fantastical creations from some of the best designer plush talents in the US. Bring your check book and start checking things off your holiday gift lists.

                                     	A BIG BENEFIT THANK YOU!

Thanks again to the hundreds of you who came to our Annual Benefit and Art Auction, App to the Future last Saturday! It was a riot! There was great art, inventive costumes, delicious food, and dancing and it all went to help support us in our mission to be the resource and public forum for artists who explore and experiment. We felt the love.

Check our photos from the festive night at Metromix »

Follow SPACES: Twitter | Facebook | Flickr

The George Gund Foundation

The Andy Warhol Foundation
for the Visual Arts

SPACES is generously funded by the citizens of Cuyahoga County through Cuyahoga Arts and Culture. The Ohio Arts Council helped fund these exhibitions with state tax dollars to encourage economic growth, educational excellence and cultural enrichment for all Ohioans. Major support for SPACES comes from Toby Devan Lewis; the John P. Murphy Foundation; the National Endowment for the Arts; the Nimoy Foundation; and The William J. and Dorothy K. O'Neill Foundation.

SPACES | 2220 Superior Viaduct | Cleveland, OH 44113 | 216.621.2314 | contact
Gallery Hours: Tu - Su: 12 - 5:00 | Th: open until 8 | FREE | Remove me from this list