[NEohioPAL] Casting calls for Magnum XL P.I.

Christopher Flash Johnson flashtopher at gmail.com
Wed Nov 17 04:50:37 PST 2010

"Magnum XL P.I."

This is the open casting call for the 2380 Project's newest feature film.

Horatio Drake and Neil Kent are consulting detectives who haven't had a
paying case in a while. A scorned wife, Camilla Daniels, hires them to catch
her husband, Quintin Daniels, in an affair. Strapped for cash, they take the
job. As the plot unfolds, Horatio and Neil find out that the case was more
than they anticipated. The two quickly find themselves in a web of sex,
drugs, and murder. Horatio and Neil will need to use all their skill to
solve the case and save their skins.

In the styles of Fletch, Dragnet, The Naked Gun, and other classic comedies,
Brent Claflin, Flash Johnson, and the 2380 Project are pleased to bring you,
MAGNUM XL P.I.

*Location:
*University of Akron, Student Union, 3rd floor

*Times:
*Sundays, Nov 21st & 28th, 1-5pm
Tuesdays, Nov 23rd & 30th, 6-10pm

*Casting Roles:
Neil Kent* - mid/late 20s, straight & narrow partner of Horatio
*Camilla Daniels* - mid 30s/early 40s wife of Quintin Daniels, beautiful,
determined, and strong
*Quintin Daniels* - late 30s/40s, ruthless businessman
*Caitlin McGarry* - 12-23 yrs old, intern of Quintin Daniels, beautiful,
honest, but innocently naive
*Cassius* - 30+, black man, street wise, operates a hotdog vendor, loyal
friend of Horatio and Neil
*Dagny Rand* - mid/late 20s librarian, extremely intelligent, eventual love
interest of Horatio Drake

*Supporting Roles:
Mike Barlow* - 30s+, associate of Daniels, rugby coach, beer drinker
*Dale McCormick* - 30s+, associate of Daniels, int. trader, susceptible to
beautiful women
*Goon 1 & 2* - large and dim witted brutes of Quintin Daniels
*Mr. Vildeforte* - 40s+ high profile, international drug dealer
*Athena,Goddess of Wisdom* - any age, brunette
*Stephen Hawking* - look alike, theoretical physicist
*Clarice* - late 20s+, female DEA agent
*Mr. White and Mr. Black* - 30s+, business associates of Quintin Daniels
*Stan & Carl* - 30s+, 2 police detectives who don't like Neil and Horatio
*Professional Assassin* - late 20s+, precise and efficient, action oriented
*Terminator* - look alike or strongly built

Dozens of speaking and non speaking roles.
Women ages 18+
Men ages 18+

Audtions will be a cold read of script excerpts. The only thing you NEED to
bring is yourself.
**
*Compensation:*
Currently film credit and meals on longer shoots. We are applying for grants
and looking for other sources of funding.

Our goal is to hit the film fest circuit with the project after completion
and attain distribution or have a larger studio pick up Magnum XL P.I.

For more information contact:
Brent Clafflin at brentclaflin at yahoo.com or
Flash Johnson at flashtopher at gmail.com

You can also find us on facebook under Magnum XL P.I.