[NEohioPAL] Little Box Continues at CPT! Tonight and tomorrow only

Amy Bistok ABistok at cptonline.org
Fri Nov 19 11:05:24 PST 2010

Cleveland Public Theatre announces the opening of:
Little Box Staged Reading Series
CPT is proud to present the fourth year of Little Box. Final performances tonight and tomorrow night Storefront Studio Theatre!

As part of CPT's commitment to local playwrights and producers, CPT presents the fourth year of Little Box, a series of staged readings of new work in development. Little Box is modeled after CPT's successful Big [BOX] Series but on a smaller scale, designed to foster works at an earlier stage of development. A diverse body of new plays will be presented with post-show audience discussions.
Friday, November 19th
7:30pm
Storefront Studio Theatre

Dating Godfrey
Written by Simone Barros
Directed by Noe Montez

A night spirals into mayhem and transgressions when three girlfriends wait for one's boyfriend to get them into an ultra-exclusive NYC lounge. As the night expires into a wonderland of nightmarish proportions, the very existence of the yet to appear boyfriend comes into question...
Saturday, November 20
7:30pm
Storefront Studio Theatre

Public Displays
Written by Jonathan Wilhelm
Directed by Doug Farren
Featuring: Alan Branstein, John Busser, Agnes Herrmann, Sarah Kunchik, Deborah Magid, Lynna Synder Metrisin, and John Steuhr.

A comedy that asks the question: why is it easier to confide to strangers what we really should be telling the people we love?

Four couples; two wedding dresses; a drug deal as an act of charity; a possible sign from God; a dog named Noodle; a picnic in a cemetery and a therapist seeking her own therapy...from her manicurist. Public Displays is a comedic exploration of what we reveal about ourselves in public which might have better been left private.
More info online at http://cptonline.org/

Coming Soon:
Conni's Avant Garde Restaurant 12/2-12/19- dinner theatre w/5-course meal and wine!
(Book your table of 10 before 11/25 for $10 off per ticket!)

Amy Bistok Bunce
Director of Marketing
Cleveland Public Theatre
6415 Detroit Ave.