[NEohioPAL] OPEN AUDITIONS! "Dirty Rotten Scoundrels" - DEC. 5 & 7

Chagrin Valley Little Theatre cvlt at cvlt.org
Mon Nov 22 07:42:17 PST 2010

  Chagrin Valley Little Theatre - Auditions

    For more details, visit www.CVLT.org <http://www.cvlt.org/> or call
    440-247-8955 (Mon-Sat, 1-6 PM)

      Auditions for...
      /Dirty Rotten Scoundrels/

*Directed by* Martin Friedman
*Musical Direction by* Keith Stiver

*Show Dates:* March 18th - April 16th, 2011
Fridays & Saturdays at 8, select Sundays at 2

*Audition Dates*

*Sunday December 5th at 7:00 PM
Tuesday December 7th at 7:00 PM*

Auditions will be held in the dance studio at the River Street
Playhouse, 56 River Street
<http://maps.google.com/maps?q=56+river+street,+chagrin+falls+oh&cd=2&ei=2yeZTNv0MpbwyAXlqcTgCQ&vps=5&jsv=278a&sll=41.431236,-81.393597&sspn=0.00212,0.002894&ie=UTF8&hl=en&view=map&cid=12147452100561718615&iwloc=A&ved=0CGkQpQY&num=10&iwstate1=actions>
(the white one-story building on the other side of the parking lot from
the main theatre building).

*ABOUT THE SHOW:* This is a very under-appreciated musical that ran for
over two years on Broadway and had the misfortune to open the same year
as /The Producers./ /Dirty Rotten Scoundrels/, based on the popular film
of the same name and featuring a wonderfully sophisticated score by
David Yazbek (/The Full Monty/ and /Women on the Verge of a Nervous
Breakdown/), opened on Broadway in January 2005 and ran for over 600
performances. /Dirty Rotten Scoundrels/ centers on two con men living on
the French Riviera. The first is the suave and sophisticated Lawrence
Jameson; the other, a small-time crook named Freddy Benson. After
meeting on a train, they unsuccessfully attempt to work together only to
find that this small French town isn't big enough for the two of them.
They agree on a settlement: the first one to extract $50,000 from a
young female target, heiress Christine Colgate, wins and the other must
leave town.
**

*Preparation:* Please prepare a contemporary musical theater piece, in
the correct key, and we will provide the accompanist. No a cappella
auditions please. Songs will be sung in private. Then everyone will read
directly from the script. No need to prepare a monologue. If possible
bring a photo and resume.

*Rehearsals: *Music rehearsals will begin sometime after the first of
the year to learn the music and choreography. We will also have
rehearsals on Saturdays and Sundays during the month of January. We will
being in earnest on Monday, February 7, 2011. I suspect we will rehearse
Monday through Friday 7:00pm till 10:30pm. Sundays will either be
afternoon or early evening depending upon the consensus of opinion on
the time and the availability of the theatre.

EACH CHARACTER IS COMPELLINGLY DRAWN. SURELY EACH OF THESE ROLES WILL BE
CHALLENGING AND FUN TO PLAY. For more information please feel free to
either email me, at martinfriedman98 at yahoo.com
<mailto:martinfriedman98 at yahoo.com?subject=Dirty%20Rotten%20Scoundrels>
or call 216.233-5441.

*The Roles: *

    * *Lawrence Jameson:* 45 to 55 years old. From Great Britain but now
      lives in the French Riviera. Is a sophisticated con man with
      impeccable manners and style. A sleek machine.
    * *Freddy Benson:* The complete opposite of Lawrence Jameson.
      Between the ages of 25 and 35 years old. From America but now
      makes a meager living off of others---a con man in the negative
      sense of the word. Freddy has a graat deal of style... but all his
      own. I do see him as an physically and verbally agile fellow.
    * *Christine Colgate:* Between the ages of 28 and 45 years. A very
      wholesome, mid-American beauty. Must be attractive to both Freddy
      and Lawrence and, importantly, it shouldn't seem as if either
      Lawrence or Freddy are doing something wrong in being interested
      in her... in that way. Christine should be able to move well (some
      dancing).
    * * Andre Thibault:* Andre is a native French man who has decided
      that the only real way to make a living as a small town police
      chief is to pal up with a con man---Lawrence. He is between thee
      ages of 35 and 55 years old. Physically and verbally agile.
    * *Muriel Eubanks*: A wealthy American socialite and Andre's love
      interest. Muriel is between the ages of 38 and 50 years old.
      Somewhere inside of her is a very bright gal. She must be able to
      attract someone like Andre.
    * *Jolene Oakes:* An heiress from Oklahoma, with the requisite
      accent. Jolene is between the ages of 28 and 40 years old.
    * * Our Company* is very, very important to the success of this
      production. There are several female and male roles which will be
      played by this group of men and women. I will cast around 7 men
      and 10 women.

FACEBOOK.com/ChagrinTheatre <http://www.Facebook.com/ChagrinTheatre> |
TWITTER.com/ChagrinTheatre <http://www.Twitter.com/ChagrinTheatre>

Chagrin Valley Little Theatre is generously funded by Cuyahoga County
residents through Cuyahoga Arts and Culture and is supported by the Ohio
Arts Council.

  CVLT.org - 440.247.8955

--

Drew Rothman