[NEohioPAL] Actingbuff.com - calendar for auditions and showtimes

Terrence J Smith smith at tennisamigo.com
Thu Nov 25 12:18:44 PST 2010

Fellow northeast Ohio actors, actresses, and audiencians,

When you get your Neohiopal notices, or get announcements of auditions and
shows directly from theaters, or see similar events in the newspaper, do
you run to your wall calendar and enter the times and dates to remember
them?

I know I do (or did). I either want to know what auditions are TODAY, or
if I feel like seeing something this weekend I want to know what's playing
TODAY.

Well, now you can see a calendar containing many of these announcements,
and make your own entries directly through an internet browser - wherever
and whenever.

http://www.actingbuff.com

All you have to do is register on the site, then send me an email to get
update authorization.

Some weeks ago I opened the site up to theater representatives and many of
them have registered and entered their show's information, some for shows
well into 2011.  However, I still find myself entering information for
many events.  I'll see something here in Neohiopal, enter the times as
well as a link back to the Neohiopal source containing the details; or
I'll get something directly from Dover Players or Con-Com and such and
make the entries.  I can make the entry itself in less than a minute
usually, but time is still needed to just get to all the info.  So to cut
down on my own entry time as well as to make it more complete, I've
decided to welcome actors and the like to update the site now.

The site is limited to acting related events such as auditions for plays
and movies, showtimes for plays (and maybe independent films, not all the
movie theater films).  Your comments and suggestions are welcome (use
Contact Us page on the site), but please try your best to stick to the
posting format to keep things standard for us all.

If it catches on, it should increase traffic to Neohiopal as well as to
individual theater sites, and simply be a win-win-win for actors and
audiences wanting to see actors ("actors" meaning its current usage of
including actors and actresses).  It's all free, but I will not turn away
donations of money and/or tickets to shows.

Terry Smith
www.actingbuff.com