[NEohioPAL] LAST CHANCE - INTO THE WOODS - BECK CENTER YOUTH THEATER AUDITIONS

Jonathan Kronenberger jkronenberger at beckcenter.org
Thu Dec 2 10:23:21 PST 2010

The Beck Center for the Arts Youth Theater, one of the oldest Children/Youth Theaters in the country, has only a few more audition spots open for our upcoming teen production of:

Into the Woods

Music & Lyrics by Stephen Sondheim

Book by James Lapine

Directed by Jonathan Kronenberger

Audition/Callback Dates:
(open to all Beck Center Students ages 12 to 19*)
Auditions: Saturday, December 4: 2:00 to 6:00 pm
Callbacks: Sunday, December 5: 2:00 to 5:00 pm

Please sign up for a one-hour audition slot at Beck Center Customer Service or call 216-521-2540 x10.

*Please note:

Although auditioning in Fall Semester, participation in this production is only available to those who will be registered in our Winter/Spring 2011 semester (either in Dance, Music, Theater or Visual Arts).

So if you are accepting a role in the show, you will need to enroll prior to the start of rehearsals.  Any questions, please feel free to contact the director, Jonathan Kronenberger, at 216-521-2540 x27.

A "sneak peak" of our Winter/Spring catalog is now available at www.beckcenter.org<http://www.beckcenter.org>.  Or stop by now and check out our newly re-designed site!

Please feel free to join our Facebook page:

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Beck-Center-Theater-Education-Youth-Theater/80835041820?ref=ts
What to Prepare:

Students are asked to prepare a song selection that best shows off their voice and range.  Also, please be as familiar as possible with the songs of "Into the Woods" in case we need you to sing something from the score at callbacks.

For character breakdowns and vocal ranges, please visit the "Into the Woods" page on MTI and click on the "Casting" tab: http://www.mtishows.com/show_detail.asp?showid=000106

Proposed Rehearsal Schedule:
Rehearsals: January 10  - February 18, 2010

Mon, Tue, Weds, Thurs, Fridays: 5:00 pm - 8:30 pm
Saturdays: 2:00pm - 6:00pm or Sundays: 6:00-9:00 pm
We will NOT be rehearsing six days a week.  I will pick the weekdays that best accommodate everyone's schedules - once I know conflicts.  That goes as well for the length of rehearsals each day.

Tech Week:  February 20 - 24, 2010
Sunday from 1:00 - 9:00 and Weekdays 4:30-9:00

All cast members are required to attend ALL rehearsals during Tech Week. Absolutely no conflicts accepted.

Performance dates:  February 25 through March 6, 2011
All cast members are required to attend all Performances!!
Fridays, February 25 & March 4 at 7:30 pm
Saturdays, February 26 & March 5  at 3:00 pm
Sundays, February 27 & March 6 at 3:00 pm
Student Matinee: Thursday, March 3 at 10:00am
(NOTE: This will require missing school that morning.)

INTO THE WOODS is presented through special arrangement with Music Theater International (MTI).
All authorized performance materials are also supplied by MTI.
421 West 52nd Street, New York, NY 10019
Phone: 212-541-4684  Fax: 212-397-4684
www.MTIShows.com<http://www.MTIShows.com>

Beck's 2010-2011 Youth Theater Season:
Tom Sawyer (October 28-30, 2010); Once Upon a Decade (December 10-19, 2010); Into the Woods (February 25-March 6, 2011) and Cats (May 13-21, 2011).

Beck Center is located at 17801 Detroit Avenue in Lakewood, Ohio.  Beck Center for the Arts is a not-for-profit 501(c)3 organization that offers professional theater productions on two stages, arts education programming in dance, music, theater, visual arts, early childhood, and creative arts therapies for special needs students, and gallery exhibits featuring local and regional artists. For more information about the Beck Center, visit our website at www.beckcenter.org<http://www.beckcenter.org>.