[NEohioPAL] Still looking for a home for great cat! Please help her find a home for the holidays!

Justin Brenis justinbrenis at gmail.com
Mon Dec 6 11:38:34 PST 2010

Hey everyone,

I just quickly wanted to thank everyone for the first round of responses to
this e-mail. Unfortunately, after looking into it, the few people who
responded with interest were unable to adopt Potter. I am sending this again
because it is becoming increasingly imperative that we find this cat a home.
My girlfriend and I do not have the budget to accomodate for the needs of 2
cats, and therefore are finding it hard to take care of Potter as well as
our own cat. If we cannot find her a home soon, I may have to give her up to
a city shelter (which, against my preference) does not have a no-kill
policy, as almost all the non-kill shelters in the area are full-up on
abandoned pets (on a side note this upsets me greatly) and cannot take her
in.

Please, take a second to read this e-mail over and either contact us if you
are interested, or send it someone who is looking for a sweet, loving cat
who just wants someone to love and take care of her.

My girlfriend and I recently found a cat, or rather a cat found us, showing
up on our doorstop on Thursday, November 18th. She is roughly 1-2 years old,
and an absolutely beautiful, short-haired Calico. She is orange, black,
white and tan, and unbelievably friendly. As soon as she sees people coming
she starts purring up a storm. We have named her Potter because we found her
on the way to the midnight premiere of Deathly Hallows pt. 1, and she is
currently residing in room underneath our staircase (which to assuage the
fears of animal lovers like us out there, is very large and complete with
food, blankets and a litter box).

We know she was either lost or abandoned because of her highly domesticated
behavior. She loves people, of all ages, knows how to use the litter box,
and constantly seeks attention and affection. I had put up posters all over
Cleveland Heights after finding her, and to date have only received two
dishonest calls claiming to be her owner, that after further inspection
eventually admitted they were lying.

The reason we have to keep her in the separate room is because we have a
kitten ourselves who is far too mischievous for her own good and constantly
pesters and stalks Potter, which makes her uneasy. She is good with other
cats, but does require a degree of personal space. She is not violent
towards other cats or animals, but if they get to close she will warn them
with a hiss or a bat of her paw. Unfortunately, since there is no hope in
our kitten ever learning to respect this, we cannot keep both cats.

Speaking of paws, she is NOT declawed and, as far as our vet believes based
on a very brief look-over, is not spayed either. She loves being held and
carried, and has never once drawn her claws at us, or our cat, ever. While
we know that getting those procedures done would make her much easier to
adopt out, we simply cannot afford to do it ourselves.

Also, for those who might think to recommend it, we tried taking her to
Rescue Village, a no-kill shelter in Geauga Country, but they currently are
on a waiting list to accept surrendered pets, and because we don't live in
Geauga Country we cannot get on the priority list either. I won't take her
to a shelter that doesn't have a no-kill policy, and while I know she'd
probably get adopted instantly, I would rather place her in a good home
myself then give her to a shelter and hope she gets adopted.

All that being said, if you'd like to see pictures please e-mail me back at
JustinBrenis at gmail.com, since we cannot post pictures on the list. If you
have any questions, or would like to come and see Potter, please e-mail or
call me at 216.469.9317.

Thanks, and please help us find a forever home for this wonderful cat this
holiday season!

Sincerely,

--
Justin Brenis