[NEohioPAL] GREAT CAR FOR SALE, GREAT PRICE... with ONE catch!

chuck fink thinkfinkent at yahoo.com
Thu Jan 6 21:15:31 PST 2011

Hi Folks,

What follows is a LONG post, intended for C'list, and although it says the ad is
posted, it is not. I think I have to re-post tomorrow. In the meantime, I'm
posting it here, on the off-chance that anyone in the Arts community needs a
great car, at a great price! One caveat, however. It doesn't run. At least, it
doesn't run NOW. This is where you, or maybe someone you know, comes in! The ad
is (more than) self-explanatory. Please do contact me, either by email or
phone, if you, or any of your friends, family, or associates, are interested.
Selling this car would be a splendid start to the new year, and, of course, your
efforts on my behalf, would be most appreciated!

My thanks, in advance, and happy new year to all,

Chuck

P.S. I do have several pictures to send, if requested. Just unable to post
them here.

Chuck Fink
216-410-8111 (c)
216-292-0000 (h)
1996 TOYOTA CAMRY LE SEDAN, LOADED GEM, NEEDS ENGINE WORK

Superb priced to sell “AS IS” gem of a car, in need of engine work, looking for
a worthy owner!

NOTE: Please take the time to read this ad in its entirety, for specifics on
engine status, needed repairs, pricing, and more. Thank you, in advance!

Year:  1996
Make:  TOYOTA
Model:  CAMRY LE
Style:  4D SEDAN
Mileage:  81,000 miles
Color:Super White
Engine:4 Cylinder, 2.0 liter engine; American design

Equipment:  Air Conditioning, Factory AM/FM Stereo Radio/Compact Disc
Player/Cassette Player, Sliding Sun Roof, Rear Spoiler, ABS Anti-lock Brakes,
Cruise Control,  Leather, Power Door Locks,  PowerSeat,  Power Steering,  Power
Windows, Dual Air Bags, Tilt Wheel, Remote Controlled Security Alarm System,
Kill Switch.

Heater, AC, and Defroster/Defogger—all work great!

Interior:  Original Carpet & Mats: Very Good, Door Panels: Excellent,
Upholstery: Good, Sunroof: Excellent Seal and Motor

*        Leather seats show some wear, but are perfectly intact
Armrest console has been repaired to seal tear

Exterior:  Body: Excellent, Glass: Excellent, Hail Damage: None, Lights: Good,
Paint: Excellent, Still Shines*, Rust: None**, Collision Repair: Minimal***,
Unibody/Frame: Excellent, Tires: Very Good****

*         Recent near overall paint and clear coat. Car has very few surface
scratches
**      One single quarter-size spot over right wheel-well is not rusted through
***     Fully professional repaired, with no existing frame damage
****   Tires are less than 2 years old, and come with a lifetime rotation
warranty from Costco, which can be utilized if you are a member

Many newer parts, including: Newer Brakes, Right CV Axle, Timing Belt, Water
Pump, Radiator, Exhaust System, Heat Shield, and Windshield Wipers.

Includes:   1 Key Chain Remote
                        3 Keys
1 Original Owners Manual
1 Super White Touchup Paint (Toyota)
Will include whatever service records I have.

PLEASE READ THE FOLLOWING FULLY:

This is a superb ONE OWNER vehicle, and despite the fact that it NEEDS SOME
ENGINE WORK, it is in exceptionally good shape, and a GREAT FIND! Impeccably
well-maintained throughout its life, this VERY CLEAN car, with relatively
LOW-MILEAGE, remains a highly desirable car. Make no mistake about it—despite
its current mechanical status, this car is still a diamond-in-the-rough, and is
competitively priced to sell NOW!!!

This beautiful 1996 TOYOTA CAMRY LE, met with unfortunate circumstance several
months ago, when I received some bum advice from a mechanic, which proved
detrimental. Essentially, after servicing of the vehicle took place, I noticed
the Oil Light on. After inquiring further, I was led to believe that car was
suitable to be driven. Soon afterward, the Check Engine light came on, I
immediately pulled over, and had the car towed. However, by this time the damage
was done.

The Lowdown:While the engine is NOT blown, and DOES NOT have to be replaced, it
DOES NEED ENGINE WORK!! As a result of the damage, the car developed a KNOCK, in
the upper part of the motor. As a result, it ticks. This is not adjustable. The
remedy for this is that the head needs to be pulled, properly degreased and
cleaned. The pan should also be dropped, the outside walls cleaned, and any
sludge or debris that may be present, be pushed through. To reiterate, it is
strongly believed by a mechanic who diagnosed the problem that the engine does
not need to be replaced—though obviously, it is your choice if you choose to
replace it.
This is an IDEAL CAR FOR SOMEONE “IN THE KNOW”, regarding auto mechanics, parts,
repair facilities—and/or, someone who can facilitate the work themselves, at
half the price! Again, for the right buyer, your efforts will render you A GREAT
CAR, with many more remaining years of dependable service, at an overall
substantial savings!!

I’ve spent a good amount of time researching comparable car values, from those
with no such engine problems, to the more rugged ones. I notice that the
majority of all of these vehicles have far less options/features than this car,
and aren’t half as nice! Believe me, this car drives beautifully and looks even
better!

Pricing:According to Kelley Blue Book (KBB), the PRIVATE PARTY VALUE for such a
vehicle would sell approximately for: $4,335 in Excellent Condition; $4,010 in
Good Condition; and $3,460 in Fair Condition. KBB RETAIL VALUE suggests $5,460
in Excellent Condition. Of the comparable vehicles I researched, most range in
mileage and price, anywhere from approximately 77,000 mi. for $5,990, to 156,000
for $3,500.
 ** This car is being sold “AS IS” for $3,200. **

With these figures in mind, I’ve tried to price the car accordingly, somewhere
between GOOD-FAIR CONDITION, so as to afford a potential buyer some financial
off-set/leeway to make the necessary repairs, while ensuring the buyer a superb,
affordable car for the money! I believe this price reflects a considerable
advantage to a buyer, based on its cleanliness, relatively low mileage, and
prospective remaining use.There shall be little room for play (understandably, I
believe), though, obviously, any serious ‘in the ballpark offers’, will be
considered.
Additional:Aside from the aforementioned engine disclosure, I will note that the
rear-struts may eventually need replacing. Also, 2/4 window motors do not work,
and have been disconnected. Finally, retractable antenna is broken off at base,
though radio still receives very good reception.

Location:Currently, the car is located just outside of Beachwood, OH, on
Cleveland’s East Side—off I-271 and Chagrin Blvd.

Viewing Car and Appointments: Unfortunately, due to the nature of the engine
malfunction, the car is unable to be test-driven, as this could damage the
engine even further. It can, however, be started and shifted in position.

If you are interested in seeing the car, please email me with all the pertinent
details, including your name, email address, and/or phone number. Also, include
any specific questions you may have, and I’ll try my best to answer them. (I
also have additional pictures to send, if requested.) I will make contact
expediently. I will show the car by appointment only, at a mutually convenient
time.

Ultimate buyer will assume all transport charges.
This car has particular sentimental value to me, and it is with a heavy heart
that I part with it. Had I not decided the time was maybe right to get a newer
car, or had the effort to fix it been cost prohibitive (for me, personally), I
surely would have put the necessary repairs into it and kept it indefinitely! I
just hope it will find a good home and a worthy new owner!

Again, thanks for stopping by, and thanks for considering one awesome 1996
Toyota Camry LE. Please remember that this vehicle is being sold “AS IS”, and
would be a super investment for the right taker! This is a very nice car that
will provide reliable transportation for years to come. Don’t pass this one up!
Such a find, at such a good deal— rarely comes along!

Serious inquiries only, please.
Thank you,
Chuck