[NEohioPAL] Jazz Improv Class on East Side

Eileen Burns eburns4321 at gmail.com
Wed Jan 12 14:43:50 PST 2011

*Jazz Improvisation Class with Demetrius Steinmetz*

Adults and older teen musicians interested in playing jazz, I am starting up
a small class on the east side.  The instruction is geared towards
intermediate music students who would like to work on improvisational
technique and build a strong foundation for understanding and playing jazz.
I have room for one or two more students.  We will probably meet on Tuesdays
during the day, exact time to be determined.

I am also available for private lessons on a variety of instruments, my
specialties being upright bass and saxophone, and I instruct ensembles from
small groups to big bands. Contact me for availability.
demetriussteinmetz at yahoo.com

My Bio:

I received my Undergraduate degree in Jazz Studies and a Masters in Music,
String Performance from Bowling Green State University. I currently serve as
a member of the Jazz Studies faculty at Tri-C, and as an instructor for the
jazz preparatory program through the Arts Prep program.  I have instructed
bass at Bowling Green State University, bass and saxophone at the Beck
Center for the Arts in Lakewood, Ohio and I have been recorded on Cadence
records.

I can be seen and heard around town with my group, the Demetrius Steinmetz
Band, as well as performing with the Dukes of Wail, Joe Hunter, Ernie Krivda
and the Fat Tuesday Big Band, the Ray Porrello Trio and more.

Influences include Paul Chambers, Ray Brown, Gary Peacock, Charlie Haden,
Wayne Shorter, Joni Mitchell, Stevie Wonder, Keith Jarrett, Ray Charles,
Dexter Gordon, Bobo Stenson Trio and Jeff Halsey (my bass teacher and
friend).